Tom Ford Makeup Brushes listed for $79 for 12

Mastiiffmom

Nov 30, 2015
Hello!
I hope this is the right place for this question. I have purchased several of the Tom Ford makeup brushes. And they are really great. BUT, they are pretty expensive as far as makeup brushes go. The ones I bought are the mahogany wood handled with gold and white-ish hairs. I bought them from either Saks or Nieman Marcus. My question is I have seen these “Tom Ford sets of 12 makeup brushes” that appear to be the same brushes, for much, much less. They don’t have the individual # printed on the brush. And it seems they always come in the full set of 12, not listed separately. I have seen them listed for as little as $70 for the full set of 12. And as much as $300. Usually in the description it says “made in China”. I don’t think any TF products are “made in China” but I could be wrong. The full set of the ones you buy from the department stores would run appx $875, purchased individually. I know there is another TF set called the Soleil set. That set has white handles and there are only 3 or 4 brushes. So this is different. But what is the deal with those other mahogany brown handled brushes that appear to be the same for so much less? Are they counterfeit? Or just a less expensive line? Or are they the same thing and am I just missing out on a good deal? Thanks so much!!

Hello!
I hope this is the right place for this question. I have purchased several of the Tom Ford makeup brushes. And they are really great. BUT, they are pretty expensive as far as makeup brushes go. The ones I bought are the mahogany wood handled with gold and white-ish hairs. I bought them from either Saks or Nieman Marcus. My question is I have seen these “Tom Ford sets of 12 makeup brushes” that appear to be the same brushes, for much, much less. They don’t have the individual # printed on the brush. And it seems they always come in the full set of 12, not listed separately. I have seen them listed for as little as $70 for the full set of 12. And as much as $300. Usually in the description it says “made in China”. I don’t think any TF products are “made in China” but I could be wrong. The full set of the ones you buy from the department stores would run appx $875, purchased individually. I know there is another TF set called the Soleil set. That set has white handles and there are only 3 or 4 brushes. So this is different. But what is the deal with those other mahogany brown handled brushes that appear to be the same for so much less? Are they counterfeit? Or just a less expensive line? Or are they the same thing and am I just missing out on a good deal? Thanks so much!!
I don't know but if it seems too good to be true.....

Tom Ford (Beauty) is made by licence by Estee Lauder and so therefore manufactured primarily in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Belgium and Switzerland. They have a research facility in Shanghai but so far as I know nothing is made in China, if anyone else knows different please correct.

I don’t think I want them “authenticated”. It doesn’t sound like they’re the real thing. I’ve only seen them advertised on eBay once or twice. Mostly I’ve seen them out on Poshmark while trying to find the limited edition TF leather brush case that I’ll never find. *Sigh*

Reactions: papertiger