Toledo Satchel vs. Florentine Stanwhich Satchel

Vicmarie

Jan 9, 2014
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but is the leather the only difference in these two bags ? Which one would you all recommend more than the other. ?

For awhile I couldn't tell the difference between the Kingston and the Clayton so I'm wondering if I'm missing something again !! Thanks !

I want to get the t moro stanwich satchel. Stanwich is florentine leather, just a bit softer. Toledo to me is too shiny and shows scratches easily . Just my opinion.

Every time I see those beautiful stanwich bags here... swoooooon. Especially in t moro.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but is the leather the only difference in these two bags ? Which one would you all recommend more than the other. ?

For awhile I couldn't tell the difference between the Kingston and the Clayton so I'm wondering if I'm missing something again !! Thanks !

The leather is the difference. Toledo seems thicker, and is treated difderently. It has a slight sheen too it and, IMO, is stiffer.

The Florentine will slouch and puddle more. Toledo will have a tad bit more structure

I want to get the t moro stanwich satchel. Stanwich is florentine leather, just a bit softer. Toledo to me is too shiny and shows scratches easily . Just my opinion.

Every time I see those beautiful stanwich bags here... swoooooon. Especially in t moro.

I have the Stanwich in natural, red and t-moro. They are gorgeous!!! A bit lighter in weight than the reg flo satchel. I don't have the Toledo.

The Toldeo has a sheen to it. I've been told that the scratches won't rub out like the flo, but I don't know.

The leather is the only difference. That I've noticed. I don't have one yet. But the Stanwich is on my list. I like the Florentine leather better. Mushier leather and less shine. :smile:

For awhile I couldn't tell the difference ... I'm wondering if I'm missing something again !! Thanks !

The styles differ as follows (from what I've observed)

Stanwich--PRODUCT DETAILS
• L 15.5" W 8" H 11"
• One inside zip pocket
• Two inside pockets
• Cell phone pocket
• Inside key hook
• Handle drop length: 2"
• Strap drop length: 19.5"
• Lined
• Feet
• Zipper closure

Toledo PRODUCT DETAILS
• L 15" W 5" H 10"
• One inside zip pocket
• Two inside pockets
• Cell phone pocket
• Inside key hook
• Handle drop length: 4"
• Strap drop length: 22"

Slight differences in product details, major difference in leather.

I don't have much to add that others haven't already said, just that I prefer the Stanwich florentine to the toledo. I love the smooshiness that the florentine has. The Toledo is really pretty, but the fact that the scratches don't come out scares me a little. It does hold up to rain and snow better though.

LTD, interesting about the dimensions. I thought they were the same size. Thanks for posting that.

I have to defend Toledo here :smile: I've been using my Royal Blue satchel almost daily for the last couple months and there's barely a scratch on it. I absolutely love it. Personally I found the Flo scratched more, but the marks did rub out.

I have the Toledo Satchel in Rouge. I love it. It does have a slight sheen that makes the bag look very rich. I personally don't carry it for a casual look. I consider it as a dressy bag. It is a bit stiffer than the Flo but not as stiff as like Croco which is very stiff to me.

Here is my Toledo.

Humm... I had a couple scratches on it and I just tried to remove by using leather conditioner and to my surprise... They are gone. I previously tried rubbing them out but that didn't work.

Toledo is beautiful but I still prefer Flo though.

Scratch on right side of front and bottom right corner. Zoom in for better view of scratches.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1410220712.063422.jpg

After using conditioner ImageUploadedByPurseForum1410220780.149551.jpg

• L 15.5" W 8" H 11"
• One inside zip pocket
• Two inside pockets
• Cell phone pocket
• Inside key hook
• Lined
• Feet
• Zipper closure

Toledo PRODUCT DETAILS
• L 15" W 5" H 10"
• One inside zip pocket
• Two inside pockets
• Cell phone pocket
• Inside key hook

I think the difference in the depth is because the Flo puddles so much more that it expands lol the Toledo holds its structure better. That's just my professional observer theory lol

• L 15.5" W 8" H 11"

• One inside zip pocket

• Two inside pockets

• Cell phone pocket

• Inside key hook

• Lined

• Feet

• Zipper closure

Toledo PRODUCT DETAILS

• L 15" W 5" H 10"

• One inside zip pocket

• Two inside pockets

• Cell phone pocket

• Inside key hook

I don't have much to add that others haven't already said, just that I prefer the Stanwich florentine to the toledo. I love the smooshiness that the florentine has. The Toledo is really pretty, but the fact that the scratches don't come out scares me a little. It does hold up to rain and snow better though.

LTD, interesting about the dimensions. I thought they were the same size. Thanks for posting that.

True. I never seen them both together in person and never compared the dimensions. Interesting indeed.
I had a Toledo Satchel for a short time but never touched or saw the Stanwich. Yet. Like I said, will be looking into that style next. I like their look. :smile:

I have to defend Toledo here :smile: I've been using my Royal Blue satchel almost daily for the last couple months and there's barely a scratch on it. I absolutely love it. Personally I found the Flo scratched more, but the marks did rub out.

That's good to know Di. Thanks! I can feel more confident about carrying my mail satchel more now.

I have the Toledo Satchel in Rouge. I love it. It does have a slight sheen that makes the bag look very rich. I personally don't carry it for a casual look. I consider it as a dressy bag. It is a bit stiffer than the Flo but not as stiff as like Croco which is very stiff to me.

Here is my Toledo.

Humm... I had a couple scratches on it and I just tried to remove by using leather conditioner and to my surprise... They are gone. I previously tried rubbing them out but that didn't work.

Scratch on right side of front and bottom right corner. Zoom in for better view of scratches.

View attachment 2744748

After using conditioner View attachment 2744749

That's good to know Pcan. I'm glad your scratches disappeared. I tried it too and mine got less noticeable, but if I look close they are still there. They don't bother me though. I think it would bother me if it got really scratched up, but I don't carry my bags often enough for that to happen.

Here is my Toledo.

View attachment 2744748

After using conditioner View attachment 2744749

SO pretty!!! I don't have any Toledo's but I have the Natural, Red and T-moro Stanwich satchel. I adore them!! I am waiting on my as is Stanwich in bone to arrive. I hope it's in good shape, if not it will be going back