tokidoki shoes & sandals

lol...here we call them zories, scotts, flipflops and slippers...it varies depending on the person :lol: :biggrin:

Im surprised they look at you funny when you call them flipflops in Hawaii :confused1:

Zoori is Japanese and Scotts is a brand of slippers... But yeah, flip flops are a mainland thing. Hehe. I really don't know why... but it's interesting to say the very least. A great example was when I went to Georgia to visit my best friend. When I was playing with her daughter, making collages out of foam stickers, I would tell her, "Put the rubbish over here." Most mainlanders don't use the word rubbish for trash. They say trash or garbage. But now her daughter always says rubbish. Hehe. It's cute. :smile:

Ha! I'm from Illinois (Southern part, not near Chicago) and I grew up calling it "soda" and when I was younger they were known as "thongs" and I believe that all shoes that have an open toe are considered "sandals". (I sold shoes briefly fresh out of high school and decided college was for me!!!!)

I believe they're called "flip flops" because of the sound they make when you walk in them. I hate them when it rains because they flip water up the backs of your pants! (Guess you should only wear them with shorts!)

i've heard them called all 4 (flip flops, slippers, thongs, zori), but i usually call them as slippers.

i've only heard them called zori tho, by relatives from Guam, or elders who know the shoe by that name & no other.

^You're right. I'm still undecided on whether I want to buy shoes or sandals...the ones that are out right now.

I wouldn't wear slippers with pants or with shorts in the rain...well even shoes....I mean, either way the water/mud is going to get on your pants or your legs...which do you prefer? LMFAO.

I ended up getting 7 and 8 since I normally wear a size 7 1/2... I ordered an 8 first but recently I tried on another type of shoe and it was a 7 and fit so if the 7 fits then the other one will be sold... although I feel like keeping it just for show :lol: doesn't the no half-size thing suck? I can wear anything from a 7-8 depending on the maker also lol