Toki Prejudice

I know I'm not paying for materials, but for the print. I find it worth it though, and as mass produced and cheaply made as they may be, they're still far more unique than many Coach bags, and the nylon makes them a bit more practical for all weather :biggrin:

I have received nothing but compliments (at least to my face ) on my Toki bags, and they are usually from the cashiers at the supermarket or other sales associates. When someone compliments my bag, I always attempt to "explain" that its actually the graphic design work of Italian designer Simone Legno. This is usually the time when their eyes start to gloss over :blink:

I've gotten my mom and my sister into Tokidoki (mom met Simone with me at Bloomingdales and my sister :heart: paradiso) and they always get tons of compliments when they wear their bags.

People have told me that they are too expensive for nylon, but I have a bad back so I appreciate that I don't have to factor in the weight of the bag when I'm loading it up. I have a Prada nylon backpack I paid double the amount I have ever paid for any Tokidoki for so yes, other nylon products are expensive, too!! But I :heart: that there are just so many prints and bag styles to choose from so there is truly something for everybody.

Cost to make 1 toki bag = $20-$25
Cost to make 1 Toy2R Qee = $3
Actual price we pay for said toki bag with said qee included = $80-$300
TOKIDOKI CUTENESS = :heart:Priceless!:heart:

I actually just showed my Pirata Corriere to one of my coworkers (who is a huge pirates fan) and she saw the original price ($184) and her eyes bugged out and she was like "Whaaaat!?!?!" But, then she admitted to being a huge shoe addict, to the level of Manolo Blahniks and stuff, so we agreed that we spent our hard earned money in different ways that both made us happy. :drinkup:

I took an inventory of my toki bags, and noticed that for the amount I paid for all my tokis so far, I could have purchased the leather LV speedy 30 I've been secretly pining for for the longest, and have some left over. :crybaby: But...that LV isn't as cute as all my tokis together, so in the end, I'm happy with my purchase, even though I often have second thoughts.

Oh lord, how many times have I had that thought? :P Although I have bought most of my bags at a discount rather than paying the full retail, it's close enough. Sometimes I do regret not getting a true bag with excellent craftsmanship or a classic design, but I also think back at the fact that I can have quite a few of these for the price of one of those. Anyway, there's plenty of time for me after I get out of college to obtain those "luxury" pieces. ;)

TOKIDOKI CUTENESS = Priceless!

You are absolutely right! :biggrin: Although I have seen people pay CRAZY amounts for qees..

Ohmygosh!! Don't get me started on the qee situation!! :hysteric: Qee prices are even more ridiculous than bag prices.
Meomi is way cute:love:, but the prices on eBay are disgusting!! Come on, he's only 2" ... well, OK 2.5". I mean, I really want a little Meomi, since I don't have any OP 1G items, but there's no way I'm paying those outrageous prices!! Yikes!! :wtf:

TOKIDOKI CUTENESS = :heart:Priceless!:heart:

omg lol, does it really only cost 25 bucks to make a tokidoki bag?

oh well i dont really care, if i like it i buy it! everyone likes to spend money on different things and other people think they are crazy, so why not me as well :graucho:

Yeah, I think everyone spends their money in different ways. I've never been a big shoe or clothing person. Handbags have and probably always will be my weakness. And I love cute things, so when these cute as hell Tokidoki bags came along, I knew I was doomed. I spend nearly all my spare cash on Toki, but thankfully, that is ending soon and I can just sit back and enjoy my bags and not spend money for several months (after Vacanze, of course. :graucho:)

Yeah! It's so sad that we're all kinda relieved that tokidoki is coming to an end :sweatdrop: ... but it's true!! I'll be so happy when I can just enjoy my bags and not constantly stress over the ones I don't have yet. :nuts: I've NEVER, EVER been this obsessed with anything in my life!! And although this is BY FAR the biggest splurge EVER for me, it has to be said, I am also a shoe whore. :blush:

Actually, now that I think about it...I kind of hope they don't re-release anything except Foresta. I would rather hunt down the rarer, older prints because when they get re-released, I will probably go insane and buy all the bags I can, not because I need them at all. I think the older bags will become harder to sell too with a re-release, especially if a qee is the only difference.

As for prejudice, I've never really felt any....pretty much everyone I know thinks I'm a bit of a nut job anyway, so it's not like it's anything new. :lol:

Funny...The SA at Kohl's was checking out my Black Camo Stellina today (OMG, look at all the little cute characters!)...husband just started laughing, and said "do NOT get her started talking about her purse..." LOL

-SB