Toki Makeup by Smashbox

1. Neiman Marcus Gift Card Event Earn up to a $500 gift card with regular-price purchase with code NMSHOP - Click or tap to check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Have any of you guys tried their makeup line? If so, what do you have and how do you like it so far? I tried on the powdered blush for the first time today at Sephoras and I loooved it. Then I saw the 48 dollar price tag and was like :wtf: . Im debating whether or not I should get it. Its alot of money, but the color is sooo pretty and its Toki! :yes:

2. I tried the 3 pc kit they offered on QVC. It has the eyeshadow quad, cheek tint and lip gloss. I sent it back. The lip gloss was too pale. I thought the eyeshadow compact was small and I don't wear eyeshadow hardly ever. The cheek tint was alright but I had something similar. So it ended up going back.

I do have the lip gloss in the darker shade drammatica. So I at least have something. I haven't tried the powder blush.

3. I haven't tried the powder blush either but I do have both of the eyeshadow quads and I :heart: :heart: :heart: them. I don't wear eyeshadow every day but it's nice for a change. The colors are really light so it's a nice hint of color. I think they'll be great for the summer. I also have the stupid nana star/stellina mirror...I haven't used it yet...I think I actually hate it but I HAD to have it!! :lol:

I didn't realize that the powder blush was that much $$$. Is that the purple-ish looking one w/the tokidoki logo on the blush? I've never tried that...but WOW...they're proud of that blush!!

4. Wow! I didnt even think of trying on the eyeshadows because I usually dont wear any, but I think ill head down there tomorrow and try them out! Yeah, its the purply pink blush with the toki logo and a lil cute brush. But 48 dollars? That sucks! Ur right Jen, the mirror is a bit hard to press to open. That metal tab kinda hurts my finger when I press it to open. I like it too, but 30 bucks? Arrgh, they are making sooo much money off of toki lovers! In my head, I think "48 dollars is like one third a amore zucca"...thats why Im cheaping out hahah

5. i like the lip glosses, smashbox makes lovely lip glosses! i do not trust them for eye shadows, tho so you're better off without them if you want to downsize the tokidoki goodness ;P i have both quads -- too sheer, not pigmented.

the glosses i love! i have both as well.
    i like dolcissima becuz it is a perfect sparkly nude lip color.
    drammatica, you can find a similar color elsewhere. it's a bright pink sapphire color :smile:

i am a collector of limited edition cute/sparkly items so i think i'll be getting the lip/cheek tint as well. just remember this stufft is Limited!! much like the tokidoki purses, so grab it while you can!

6. I don't think it's cheaping out by not buying it...for a few more bucks you can have a caramella which I'd way rather have than some makeup that's going to run out eventually, you know? Unless you can't live without the blush, I wouldn't buy it...it's just too much.

I figured when the eyeshadows run out I can pop that portion of the compact out and use the cute little mirror and keep advil in there or something...pills...I don't know but i figured I'll find a use for it when it's empty. IMO the mirrors on the eyeshadows are waaaay cuter than the stellina mirror that I just HAD to have!! :nuts:

7. I know!! and what is so crazy is that we all dont :heart: the mirror, but three of us bought it anyways!! We are addicted!! I have the lipgloss, i really like it (dolccisma)and one of the eye quads and the mirror.

8. the first thing i thought when i saw the makeup line was "that would all look so great in a citta rosa carmellina!" lol! I only got the lip gloss though, I forget which one its called, it's like a darkish pink. I didnt care for the eyeshadows because they come in colors I wouldnt normally wear. The shimmer tint looked too green on my skin & the blush was too pink.

9. i was thinking of scoring the eyeshadow for the mirror..but i think it costs too much for me to buy it..i rarely use a mirror anyway..but man it soo darn cute!

10. Hah, I just bought the mirror. So cute. I have yet to use it but will find a use for it at some point.

11. I was JUST thinking I needed a new mirror in my purse. I used to have one but I lost it...FOR SURE I'm going to get the tokidoki mirror!!

12. i really want the mirror too, but i can't think of the last time i actually used a mirror in my purse! i think i just want it because it's Tokidoki, but i think that's one thing i could do without.

the eye shadow quad w/the pink & purple is fabulous tho. i use it everyday & the color shows up well on me at least. the darker pink lip gloss, i have, i use that all the time too. it's a really pretty color.

13. where did you guys buy your mirrors? I want one but I don't want to use eBay if it's too expensive :smile:

14. Oh, they usually sell the mirrors at sephora, ulta, Nordstroms. You can usually find discount codes to use on sephoras website. Ulta has coupons everyweek, but I dont think it applies to Smashbox beause its one of those higher end cosmetics line. Hope this helps and its 32 bucks without tax :s

15. thanks for the info! :smile: I'll have to check it out next time I go to Nordstroms!