toile birkin and kelly

I am a big fan of Toile bags.
I think it is soooo Hermes !
Think Jackie O with her Trim.

I haven't seen a toile bag that I did not like. Plume, Bolide, Kelly, Birkin, Trim...they all look great!

Toile and Barenia or Toile and Box leather are my favorite.

The last ones are Toile and Swift leather wich in my opinion are also very nice.

I have seen a Birkin 35 Toile Gibeciere and Rouge H box leather with gold hardware. That was something !!!

Black Toile with black leather is very nice too....

I tried once to place a special order for a Birkin 35 in Toile H and Havane matte croc but it did not go through....

As for maintenance, Toile H is easy to clean ...I always carry a small eraser in my Toile bag so I can cancel any small mark on the Toile immediately.

Anyway, Hermes can service Toile bags as well as any other bags.

I have seen very vintage bags made of Toile and box leather... some still look like new... some are totally dead...same thing with all-leather bags...

If you like Toile bag, get one ! you will love it once you own it !

Matte Havanne Croc/Toile Birkin would have been incredible@!

I always forget that "Gibeciere" is the official name of the kaki toile. I gotta start to remember to use it. What does it mean in French?

Speaking of color transfer onto toile, I just bought a pair of Sevens jeans today and noticed this on a hang tagn when I got home:
"DISCLAIMER"
"THIS JEAN CONTAINS INDIGO OR EXTRA COLORED DYE WHICH MAY CAUSE DISCOLORATION OF LIGHT COLORED FURNITURE, UPHOLSTERY, ACCESSORIES AND GARMENTS. PLEASE TAKE EXTRA CARE TO AVOID CONTACT WITH THESE ITEMS."

The tag was difficult to read. So, OK, I won't wear the jeans with a toile bag. But what if I wear them someplace with a light colored chair or sofa? I guess I can't sit in them. (They're so tight, I probably couldn't anyway)

The tag was difficult to read. So, OK, I won't wear the jeans with a toile bag. But what if I wear them someplace with a light colored chair or sofa? I guess I can't sit in them. (They're so tight, I probably couldn't anyway)

just be careful and wash/dryclean couple of times before using a friend ruined her cream colored leather carseats with dark denim.

actually i hate discoloring stuff i mean come on it is one thing if you stain the garment but when the garment ruines everything around you that is not funny anymore. we are in the year 2007 there sure has to be a way to make things colorproof no?

Thanks for the tip, lilach. I'll wash them tonight and take them to the cleaners tomorrow. I'd feel terrible if I ruined my upholstery (or anyone else's!) I imagine the disclaimer was prompted by some legal claims for damages against the jeans company.

From the latest offers as mentioned in „Share your 2021 bag offers“ it seems that this year toile is making a comeback. Saw one at display at my boutique lately and was also wondering about wear and tear of this special material :flowers:

Reactions: hermesgeek
From the latest offers as mentioned in „Share your 2021 bag offers“ it seems that this year toile is making a comeback. Saw one at display at my boutique lately and was also wondering about wear and tear of this special material :flowers:

yes. this one is from a recent instagram post of a hermes fan. his caption says that it's etain box and toile :heart:

4f3b7677-5125-411e-85a4-059f8c718f1c-jpeg.5184709

I was offered a toile kelly 28 last year - it was rouge de coeur and I believe swift/toile? It was 12K USD - which I think is more expensive than Kelly 28 epsom (~11K). IMO it makes sense actually because the entire interior of the bag is also leather so it's not like they're saving on leather costs, just more craftsmanship costs. I wasn't sure if there was a price difference due to the leather too (epsom vs swift) - which is totally possible too.

SA did tell me it was a very rare bag though. Kind of have minor regrets but I'm waiting for a K25 :doh:

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 2.58.34 PM.png

That looks like similar to my ebene & toile from 2005. Toile is always so fresh looking.
Dear Sus. I am curious and would like to ask you as one of the rare owners of such a bag: How about wear and tear? Is it difficult to keep the toile clean and is it as durable as one would assume from the Hermes description of this material (proven by military)?

And, wow to all the beautiful examples in this thread as shown by e.g. hphile. I am impressed you could say no to this bag in order to enhance your chances to get your awaited K25. I hope this will happen soon, so no more regrets :smile:

Reactions: hphile