Tohu Bohu ?

shans44

Aug 30, 2006
I was lucky to buy this beautiful scarf this week at the Madison Ave store that a wonderful SA pulled from behind the scenes for me. She told me it was the only in the store (other customers were reaching for it and other SAs were asking where she found it). It is beautiful (to me) - but was hoping others had more info on it - I have not seen this colorway before (some similar, but not the exact same). The pics are showing a little more pink than what it looks like IRL (some of the pink in the pic is red and burgundy). The tag says: Noir, Rose Fuchsia/Bleu Vif. TIA

Attachments

• Tohu Bohu.jpg
    Tohu Bohu.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 603
I was lucky to buy this beautiful scarf this week at the Madison Ave store that a wonderful SA pulled from behind the scenes for me. She told me it was the only in the store (other customers were reaching for it and other SAs were asking where she found it). It is beautiful (to me) - but was hoping others had more info on it - I have not seen this colorway before (some similar, but not the exact same). The pics are showing a little more pink than what it looks like IRL (some of the pink in the pic is red and burgundy). The tag says: Noir, Rose Fuchsia/Bleu Vif. TIA

Very, very lucky you!!!
A month or so ago, Bergdorf got a shipment of Tohu Bohus. I called around to several boutiques and none of them got the scarves. Perhaps somebody returned their BG to the H boutique. This is a Holy Grail to many scarf collectors. I bought every color that Bergdorf had, but they had run out of the black.

This is a beautiful colourway of Tohu Bohu. Wear it and enjoy! Congratulations!

attachment.php

:heart::heart::heart:

Gorgeous! I saw a TB scarf at H Copenhagen in mid May and I was told it was a "pre-fall" scarf that had arrived. I think that they just got a few because they seemed to be sold out when I was there one month later and I also doubt that it was from the AW2010 collection (I think that someone wrote on tPF that Paris had "found" some TB scarves that had been shipped out).

The one I saw was in orange/potiron with details in pink/purple and I had never seen that CW before. I think that there might be another thread about these TB scarves.

Edit: take a look here

Last edited:
When I first started collecting H scarves I went in for the very traditional designs, and I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about TB. And then I saw one in person and became a total convert. Congrats on a gorgeous find!

You are a lucky girl - there were at least two colorways with a black background, this one has the pinks, the other greens/oranges. I have had both but sold one. The one you have (and I still have) was sold out very quickly. Somehow, it seems that a big group of just a few colorways of TB were sent out recently. Great news as it is a super popular design. Now we cross our fingers for new shipments of the GM cashmere shawls!! :graucho:

you can find these TB shawls in various colorways...
my understanding is that the b/w version is the most rare and in demand.

within the last 2 weeks, I think I have sighted them at
Istanbul H as well as airport duty free has a few colorway,
Heathrow Duty Free also has a few c/w available, and
Melbourne H also has a good range of all colors available.

It is not as rare as the SA makes it out to be. If they can do a global search, I am sure they can find it as I have seen plenty on my travel!

Good luck!