Tohu Bohu Cashmere Shawl - advice on wearing

Unless it's folded as more of an oblong, I don't think you can eliminate the "target" look. Sadly, that's what prevented me from buying this as I do like to wear my shawls draped over my shoulders and this just made me feel like an accessory in a shooting range!

You are too cute, even if I can't see the pics. Maybe a few sun salutations are in order to loosen you up along with Gomokhasana (Cow face pose) to loosen up those shoulders:heart:

english3222, clearly i am a dope because i deleted the pictures some how but they are back.

mistikat - you feel my pain. however, the scarf and the colors are so gorgeous and so i caved. what to do? perhaps if i grow my hair even longer the extra coverage will lessen the bull's eye effect. then of course i will have what my hair dresser calls "stripper hair" - long, color treated and reaching for my butt.

Well, honey88, you encounter much more polite people than I do! I have the black and was wearing it S'Mom fashion as shown in the TB shawl thread and one of my colleagues asked me if it was a bib! :nogood: Actually, I think she enjoyed getting the chance to say something rude and pretend it was a joke!

I wear my black TB often folded lengthwise and worn "bib" style. I worried about the target effect at first, but not anymore.

But my new rule - that I will impart to everyone - is that I am not to keep any more scarves/shawls that I don't just love, love, love and most of all WEAR! If it is not making your heart sing, take it back and wait for the one that does. It will come along! I really wanted a new shawl this season but so far nothing is really doing it for me, so I am just going to have to wait it out until next season!!:yes:

Doloresmia, I feel your pain... have the framboise colorway and am trying to figure out how to wear it to reduce what someone on here recently called the "H" factor... every time I wear it someone says "is that an Hermes?" and it makes me feel self-conscious. It's probably the way the letters show up, no matter how I fold the shawl.

Other TPFers have recommended that if the shawl doesn't sing to me, I should let it go to make way for other H items.... and I'll probably take their advice soon... but in the meantime am going to piggyback on your thread to see if there's a solution to the "H" factor!!

Well, honey88, you encounter much more polite people than I do! I have the black and was wearing it S'Mom fashion as shown in the TB shawl thread and one of my colleagues asked me if it was a bib! :nogood: Actually, I think she enjoyed getting the chance to say something rude and pretend it was a joke!

I wear my black TB often folded lengthwise and worn "bib" style. I worried about the target effect at first, but not anymore.

But my new rule - that I will impart to everyone - is that I am not to keep any more scarves/shawls that I don't just love, love, love and most of all WEAR! If it is not making your heart sing, take it back and wait for the one that does. It will come along! I really wanted a new shawl this season but so far nothing is really doing it for me, so I am just going to have to wait it out until next season!!:yes:

Luvbolide, I just saw your new rule on the other Tohu Bohu thread and responded to it! Am going to stick to your rule and sell the framboise TB now.....:sweatdrop:

Am embarassed to mention that I just bought a shawl to "replace" the framboise TB even BEFORE selling the latter!!

Luvbolide, I just saw your new rule on the other Tohu Bohu thread and responded to it! Am going to stick to your rule and sell the framboise TB now.....:sweatdrop:

Am embarassed to mention that I just bought a shawl to "replace" the framboise TB even BEFORE selling the latter!!

Honey88, don't worry it is the THOUGHT that counts :P

I wish I hadn't seen this thread. I just bought the petrol, and love the colors, but now I am trying to figure out how to make it not look like a bullseye!
I asked DH this morning what he thought and he said I should also be carrying a Target shopping bag!:wtf:

Well of course, how else do you know it made your heart sing louder?!? :yes: Which one did you get?!?

Well of course, how else do you know it made your heart sing louder?!? :yes: Which one did you get?!?

Luvbolide, it's not a GM shawl, it's an Jardins d'Armenie echarpe cachemire (long cashmere scarf with fringe)!!! It's in the oatmeal colorway.... saw it in a reveal on the forum and marched straight into the store to buy it!! It's BEAUTIFUL.

You're right, it was definitely a "this is SO right for me" moment compared to the TB... and I wore it out immediately, unlike the TB!! :heart:

See photo for a closeup of the pattern....

Attachments

• jardin darmenie 462271S05.jpg
    jardin darmenie 462271S05.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 105
I have Tohu in plisse and flat scarves and twillys, but the shawl has eluded me and is on my hunt list. The bulls eye effect doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I like to fold the flat scarf so it shows!

I wish I hadn't seen this thread. I just bought the petrol, and love the colors, but now I am trying to figure out how to make it not look like a bullseye!
I asked DH this morning what he thought and he said I should also be carrying a Target shopping bag!:wtf:

:roflmfao:

Florasun, DH's are very funny aren't they?

I wore mine around yesterday and started to feel more grand the more i wore it until finally my inner self starting saying i love the target, people should look at me in my TB. it is FIERCE.......

Like Super Man (Woman?) when i took the cape off, i became my mild mannered self again. I LIKED the Super Man feeling. Will be keeping the shawl. Bring on the bad guys. :yahoo:

I must be missing something because I don't understand where the target is ... If the shawl were worn totally flat then yes but I am assuming that it is folded on the diagonal.. right? When folded that way the target is cut in half and IMHO it doesn't look like a target at all... the bull's eye is not there at all... it is at the fold... I hope this makes sense!!

There is another small bullseye in one of the corners - opposite of the "24". If fold the scarf on the diagonal, and wear it that way you've got a bullseye hanging over yer bum. Or a "24" if you reverse it.

Florasun - This had me :roflmfao::roflmfao:.

Hmmm, I love my TB shawl but I think I'll pass on the bullseye. I prefer not to do anything that makes my bum look any larger than it already is.

Oh, I see... I never noticed the smaller bull's eye but like you all say... it can be worn with the "24 showing instead of the bull's eye... it just doesn't bother me at all... I love this design!! And there are so many ways to wear it ... fold it like a scarf and wear it that way or tied to the side or in the bib style... :tup: