Tohu Bohu Cashmere Shawl - advice on wearing

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
In the sun
Ladies, this is my first post to the Hermes forum (usually found on BV threads), but I read everything so I feel like you are old friends who can guide me well.

I just got a gorgeous gris/acier/bleu Tohu Bohu shawl after seeing Ranag's fantastic reveal a few weeks ago. Actually she helped me find it, many, many thanks! Worn it doesn't seem flattering. I think Patz had a funny post about the pattern looking like a target when worn. Has anyone else had this impression?

By comparison, I also bought the Coupons scarf in the brown colorway (again after seeing my style guru Ranag's post) and that one was immediate love. Once it was on I suddenly became taller and no longer looked like an 8 year old.

I am trying to decide whether to return the tohu bohu (love the pattern and colorway, not sure it looks as good on) and could use some advice/opinions.

HELP! TIA!

Raz

O.G.
May 11, 2007
Europe
LOL!! I know what you mean about the target.!!
I try to wear mine without the round circles showing, at the moment I cant find any pics, but I know someone will be able to help you out here.

Mar 21, 2008
Vancouver, BC Canada
Would it be possible to see a modeling picture so we can see what it looks like on you? I know what you mean about loving it and then having doubts after seeing it on your own body or against your skin coloring! I had an opportunity to get a TB, but the lettering on the corners reminded me of my kindergarten teaching days, lots of little sticky little glue covered fingers all around me. I decided to pass because I knew I would be thinking about that each time I wore it. If you don't really love the TB perhaps you should exchange it for something that makes your heart sing whenever you put it on.

Trocadero

Jun 27, 2007
I DID think of the "Bullseye Effect" for a moment. But the colors are fantastic and the way they have been worked into the design make TB so versatile that I banished the thought immediately. I've only worn one of mine once so far and had it folded lengthwise. It looked gorgeous. I would wear it in the woods during hunting season with no fear. :smile:

honey88

O.G.
Jun 12, 2007
Doloresmia, I feel your pain... have the framboise colorway and am trying to figure out how to wear it to reduce what someone on here recently called the "H" factor... every time I wear it someone says "is that an Hermes?" and it makes me feel self-conscious. It's probably the way the letters show up, no matter how I fold the shawl.

Other TPFers have recommended that if the shawl doesn't sing to me, I should let it go to make way for other H items.... and I'll probably take their advice soon... but in the meantime am going to piggyback on your thread to see if there's a solution to the "H" factor!!

xiaoxiao

O.G.
May 15, 2008
oops, just found one pic, not the greatest advertisement for H, but there you go!!
Wow I LOOOVE that colorway... Wasn't going to get it but now I see your pix... Makes me think twice now... :tup::tup::tup:

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
In the sun
Raz - you have gorgeous hair and your deck looks wonderful!! definitely no bull's eyes there!

Lyanna Stark - i love this look
it is a good one for southern california too - casually elegant. now where do i get the shoes, the pants, the body?

trocadero - you are hilarious. the colors are really TDF and in the bleu has a sparkly effect to it. i would be proud to run around the woods during hunting season with you, a gun, and our tohu bohus. of course, my gun would be plastic and bullet-less.

honey88 - i told someone i got the scarf at zara's because of that issue. :P i don't think it is anyone's business why we love what we love or how much or little money we spend, but i didn't want to deal with the judgment or questions either.

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
In the sun
English3222, here are my sad attempts to take self portraits

1 - can't get the flash to turn off althoug i repeatedly click auto flash off on the menu. clearly a software problem :rolleyes:

2 - lack of serious yoga practice dis-enables me from contorting my arm which isn't long enough anyways sufficiently behind my head for a reasonable shot. my problem is that i talk about yoga far more than i do it.

3 - pranayama yoga breathing exercises allows me to loosen up and reach far enough back to get more of the partial shoulder pic. it also allows you all to see i need a hair cut. eek!

4 - finally give up and create an effigy of self in bleu gris tohu bohu using pillows and stereo equipment. please excuse casual look with lucky baseball hat. i haven't showered yet today. note: my neck is not that long.

5 - for comparison me in my brown coupons shawl.

Mar 21, 2008
Vancouver, BC Canada
English3222, here are my sad attempts to take self portraits

1 - can't get the flash to turn off althoug i repeatedly click auto flash off on the menu. clearly a software problem :rolleyes:

2 - lack of serious yoga practice dis-enables me from contorting my arm which isn't long enough anyways sufficiently behind my head for a reasonable shot. my problem is that i talk about yoga far more than i do it.

3 - pranayama yoga breathing exercises allows me to loosen up and reach far enough back to get more of the partial shoulder pic. it also allows you all to see i need a hair cut. eek!

4 - finally give up and create an effigy of self in bleu gris tohu bohu using pillows and stereo equipment. please excuse casual look with lucky baseball hat. i haven't showered yet today. note: my neck is not that long.

5 - for comparison me in my brown coupons shawl.

You are too cute, even if I can't see the pics. Maybe a few sun salutations are in order to loosen you up along with Gomokhasana (Cow face pose) to loosen up those shoulders:heart: