Togo vein! Lots of veins!

honhon

O.G.
Jan 18, 2011
Hi everyone,
Please help me out by letting me your opinion on Birkin togo leather veining. I came across a charming chartreuse 30cm with lots of veins. Going vertical and they are quite alined too. There must have been 8 or more of them and this is a 30cm chartreuse. Very beautiful that I personally don't mind at all about the veins but just wanted to know what other people feel about them. ;)

I adore veins a lot, so characteristic and unique. Veins are one of the main reasons that I want my B and K in togo. Picture from my blog.

Kelly2.jpg

Great responses! Thank you ladies! Marni, your bags are beautiful I am starting to LOVE the veins. Another question: because someone said that the veins are proof of good craftsmanship, could that be translated as an authentication of a Hermes product?

If you like it, who cares what we think? We don't matter in this decision. Veining is just a part of the skin. Its a good amount of money so don't buy unless you adore it.

Now to answer your question, no, I am not a fan of DEEP veining. I don't mind the number of veins but I get creeped out by wide deep ones. My etoupe togo and cassis fjjord have vvvv light veining. Its a personal decision. Like how some love the spine on cdc.

Great responses! Thank you ladies! Marni, your bags are beautiful I am starting to LOVE the veins. Another question: because someone said that the veins are proof of good craftsmanship, could that be translated as an authentication of a Hermes product?

Nope. Just a sign of a more vascular cow.