Togo v Clemence v Chevre

1. Ok.. I'm fairly new to this .. so what are the differences ???

What's the best one for the first purchase ??
    Any price differences ??

2. i have a birkin in togo leather and was told that the togo is scratch resitant compared to the cherve. the togo leather is also a much heavier leather so you might want to keep that in mind. the reason i bought it in this leather is first, i have 2 young boys who are armed with crayons, pens or whatever they find so i have to have a good leather. second, i carry it with me everyday on the train to work so you can only imagine the abuse my bag goes through on a daily basis. i hope this helps.....

3. Chevre will always run a few hundred dollars more than Togo or Clemence and is more lightweight. It's also quite durable. Between Togo and Clemence. Togo has a slightly stiffer feel and puffier grain, while Clemence is softer with a flatter grain and will sluch more over time. HTH! :smile:

4. I just love and appreciate the knowlege on this forum!

5. Chevre is actually very scratch-resistant.

Another difference between Togo and Clemence is that Togo has a very distinctive, heavenly-sweet scent!

6. ugh, I don't like slouch. I wonder if there's a way to keep my kelly from slouching short of just leaving it in the box. I definitely don't stuff it with junk when I'm using it.

7. Yep, clemence is very slouchy. I personally like mine to have more structure. I dont think I'll be buying clemence anymore in the near future.

Chevre is also quite worry free imo. I dont really baby my kelly and so far it's fine.

I think my most fav leathers are box and chevre. I so wanna try chamonix~!

I know box is not for everyone with the prone stratch and so, but I just :heart: the structure it brings to the bag and not to mention the beautiful sheen of the leather.

8. I want something in Chamonix, too!!
    Chevre is really wonderful - why else would H choose this leather as the durable lining for their 2 flagship bags, B and K? :smile:

And, yes, the Togo smell is amazing!!!

9. Chamonix is really lovely but I really prefer Box because of that unmistakable glow. Nothing is quite as alluring as black Box calf!

Anyone know why Togo has that sweet, intoxicating scent? I wish I knew exactly what Hermes does to produce all these leathers.

10. I wonder, too. When I bought my Birkin, I had the bag across the room and could smell it! Ahhhh.....

11. I never smelled my togo trim.:hrmm: I'll have to smell it when my cold gets better.

12. I was wondering if any of the leathers were ok to take in the rain or should you never take any of them out in inclement weather? When I get my Kelly (DH said when he gets his year end bonus. :yahoo: So most likely around Christmas, I hope!) I am hoping to use it all the time but it rains here a lot. Any suggestions? :amuse:

13. I read on Luxwear that Fjord is waterproof? Well, it's the most durable, but heavier.

14. Thanks Addicted, I just read your thread on Fjord. That is good to know! :flowers:

15. I've heard Chevre can take more water than others. Fjord is great, too for that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice