Togo or Clemence?

lulilu, clemence comes from a baby calf, togo from an older calf (or female cow?)

According to luxwear,
box is classic smooth calf
chevre is goat (shiny, rigid)
clemence is baby calf (matte, soft)
togo is calf (most popular)
fjord is adult bull (tough, waterproof)

I am birkinless as you can see...but I would select togo first. I think it also depends on the color you like and how it takes on these two leathers. You also have to decide if you want a rigid or a slouchy look.

clemence is baby bull leather and it slouches. i actually am beginning to appreciate the slouchy factor since the bag will fold easily into a luggage for travelling :smile: *not like it SHOULD be inside a luggage, but in case the need arises :biggrin:*

clemence is baby bull leather and it slouches. i actually am beginning to appreciate the slouchy factor since the bag will fold easily into a luggage for travelling :smile: *not like it SHOULD be inside a luggage, but in case the need arises :biggrin:*
yeah, i would never want to fold my Clemence Birkin as i'm trying to help it maintain it's shape and also, the hardware would be scary to squish!:yes:

I'm a relatively new Clemence owner, and while I like it, I still prefer my Togo Birkins just because it feels slightly heartier and I prefer the appearance of the raised grain on a 35cm.

The one thing I noticed about clemence is, even if you fold it etc, it still bounces back and there is no permanent fold on the leather. :smile: its sorta rubbery- like if you will.