TOGO Kelly's........

I just checked out Luxwear's White Kelly - the picture does not seem to match the description. That Kelly is a Retourne with inside stitching (check out the outside leather piping), and nothing like a Kelly Sellier Mou (this one's in clemence). Has a wrong picture been put up or has the wrong description been used????:confused1:
Hi - "Mou" means something like soft in French. Clemence and Gulliver (now Swift) souple Kelly bags were once known as "Mou". When I bought this bag it was referred to as a a Mou, perhaps the SA was not up on the new terminology...but I don't think my description is mistaken - perhaps outdated:smile: Also there is no mention of "Sellier" in the auction.
Hope this clears things up - the pictures are of the actual bag for sale...
Guess I should update the listing - but I really like the sound of Mou - it's so cute!

What's the difference between a retourne and a retourne mou?

Given that most selliers sold now are the mou, then is it better to purchase a retourne if one wants to try to avoid slouching?

Let's get this straight: Most Sellier Kellys sold now are just "Sellier" i.e. rigid, not Sellier Mou i.e. slouchy. Sellier and Retourné are the most common, so one is rigid and the other is souple, neither are Mou (soft, slouchy) So you will only have a slouchy Kelly if it is the Mou style.....

Let's get this straight: Most Sellier Kellys sold now are just "Sellier" i.e. rigid, not Sellier Mou i.e. slouchy. Sellier and Retourné are the most common, so one is rigid and the other is souple, neither are Mou (soft, slouchy) So you will only have a slouchy Kelly if it is the Mou style.....
YES!

Here is the pic of the Retourné Mou Kellys: As I said in my other post, this advertisment is about 15 years old. The writing under the bag translates:

Kelly Mou in orange Gulliver calf

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: VertColSwift

Thanks duna:flowers:

Just wanted to clarify a little more. My Kelly is described as a Mou - it's souple and slouchy. I have another rcalfbox which is described as souple - but it's not a Mou bc the leather is more stiff...
So - I guess my listing does not need to be changed;)

Luwwear,
Thanks for your clarification. The change in naming convention does get all our heads twisted in deciphering what the right names should be.

I am glad this thread is giving your white Kelly all the "exposure". :P :yes:

Just want to ask for sure - Does your white Kelly fold down like shopmom's? Only if it does, then can it be called a MOU. MOU styled Kellys are meant for travellers who would find it useful to store their Kellys in their luggage, so it will fold very easily.

Luwwear,
Thanks for your clarification. The change in naming convention does get all our heads twisted in deciphering what the right names should be.

I am glad this thread is giving your white Kelly all the "exposure". :P

Just want to ask for sure - Does your white Kelly fold down like shopmom's? Only if it does, then can it be called a MOU. MOU styled Kellys are meant for travellers who would find it useful to store their Kellys in their luggage, so it will fold very easily.
Yes:yes: the exposure is always good! Thank you mrssparkles!
I haven't seen how Shopmom's folds down...and haven't tried to with mine (I only handled it for pictures), but I'm sure it would fold bc it's very soft and slouchy. What I like about slouchy Kelly bags is that they are more casual - I think of them as being more closely related to Birkins...