Togo in a Kelly?....worried about mine.

MRSSPARKLES......I usually store my bags with tissue inside and then in their sleepers but I don't lay them in their boxes. I should do this with the Togo, huh?

GREENTEA........I usually only close one strap. Sometimes I close both....hmmmmmm.....maybe if I religously close both straps it would help a lot. CHEVRE leather is terrific for Kelly's IMO because it's lightweight and sturdy. So when I use mine, I don't have the same problem as I do with the Togo.

I like the idea of a Togo Bolide 31cm but I've avoided buying one because I have the Togo in the Kelly, KWIM?

The only solution is for me to NOT over-load my baby and use the Fourre Toute more!

Shopmom...would a vache liegee Kelly be a thought for you? It is strong/stiff and it does look nice in Kellys. I know you pay a premium for it, but if you work horse the bag maybe it will be worth it?

Are there any neutral shades you like? OR, do you dislike the leather?

Shopmom, you still have the 32 chevre Kelly, right? Also, are you careful to close the straps on your Kelly each time?

I think you need a Togo/ Clemence souple Bolide 31. The double handles would make for less stress on the bag..(or is it just me that wants one?- hehe)

I agree with GT; I think a Kelly, whatever the size, is not meant to be loaded: too much strain on the turn lock, even if you do close the straps....I think either a souple Bolide or a Birkin, in both cases you wouldn't stress the handles or the turn lock... Have you thought of a GP ? I can't stress enough the fact that this bag has been a revalation to me...I've been on the fence for years, I liked the look of it but didn't think it was very practical, not having a proper closure and without pockets inside...Now I've taken the plunge and got one, and I've used nothing else since! It's very roomy , very lightweight, you can hand hold it or put it on your shoulder (even with a coat) it's absolutely amazing...I've just got back from H (took a bag to be refurbished) and they had a new winter GP, all black, made out of a textured wool with the usual leather bottom and handles, it was GORGEOUS!! I asked my SA to call me if it comes in other colors, I'de like to see it in different colors, but I'm seriously thinking of getting a winter one aswell.... Think about it D., the GP could be a solution aswell....

What color is your togo Kelly shopmom?

Chocolate 32cm Togo Sellier with Gold HW. This is the one that can fold and be packed in a suitcase! I think maybe that construction also contributes to it's "slouchy-ness"......I need to be more considerate of her character....:yes:

DUNA.......yes, I agree. I'll be heading into the City on Saturday and I'll see what they've got.

I'm thinking that I'd like to be able to carry my Kelly's AND have another bag for all my papers and dox and the stuff I tend to accumulate during the day...small purchases, etc. What do you guys think? What would fill the bill?

shopmom, I was told both Kellys & Birkins alike need their beauty sleep, to take the weight off their base. They should not be standing tall all the time. Maybe letting this baby rest for awhile on its tissue pillow and box could help to correct some of your concern.

DUNA.......yes, I agree. I'll be heading into the City on Saturday and I'll see what they've got.

I'm thinking that I'd like to be able to carry my Kelly's AND have another bag for all my papers and dox and the stuff I tend to accumulate during the day...small purchases, etc. What do you guys think? What would fill the bill?

D, how about a Whitebus tote? Absolutely classic and gorgeous!
Also, I've heard that always fastening your Kelly properly will really preserve that handle. :smile:

This thread has sparked my interest. I am thinking about a 32 Kelly togo for a bag, but does it really slouch? I always thought it didn't?

Who can post pics of one empty (say how old it is too) and then one that is full of your daily goods you carry in it. I would love to see the comparison.

Does it really get that stressed with stuff in it? I thought about going with a 28, but I am conscious of the size of the bag next to my hips and bootie. I have that curvacious lower end that needs some balancing. I am a tad too afraid to go down to a 28.

Any opinions on this 32 togo size being bad?

Togo should hold it's shape just find and is a great everyday bag. How about a gold retourne Kelly 32 with Gold HW? YUM!

This thread has sparked my interest. I am thinking about a 32 Kelly togo for a bag, but does it really slouch? I always thought it didn't?

Who can post pics of one empty (say how old it is too) and then one that is full of your daily goods you carry in it. I would love to see the comparison.

Does it really get that stressed with stuff in it? I thought about going with a 28, but I am conscious of the size of the bag next to my hips and bootie. I have that curvacious lower end that needs some balancing. I am a tad too afraid to go down to a 28.

Any opinions on this 32 togo size being bad?

kellybag, this is my togo kelly 32 photographed empty. it's 2 1/2 yrs. old and holds it's shape. i put it back in it's box after a day's use.

IMG_1145.jpg

and here's the same bag fully packed and carried almost all day :

223308293_3ac9c05e62.jpg