Togo cleaning with magic eraser?

Samaire

St. Paddy's Girl
Dec 2, 2008
I am holding my biscuit Togo Massai in one hand and a Mr. Clean Magic eraser in the other. The directions say to wet it and clean. But I am nervous. It has "micro scrubbers" and I am afraid it will scratch the leather. Afraid it will cause changes in color and texture.

Is it OK to do this? Any special thing I should do?

Please talk me through this. Thank you.
:shrugs:

I wouldn't! I have a bag with pebbled leather like Togo (not H) and I tried to clean a spot off and it did not help and scratched the leather even though I rubbed softly.
A white artist eraser, however, is great for cleaning and won't scratch. I used one to get grease off vachetta on my LV Speedy.

OK. The magic eraser is back in the box for now. I am even afraid of an artist eraser. Thank you for such quick response. Who says you can't get instant gratification with Hermes?

I have used magic eraser on LV vachetta, but that is very smooth and you have to condition the leather after use. I would not use it on any leather with a grain or dye.

I wouldn't use it on an Hermes bag.....I use it to take scuff marks off the walls/paintwork from my kids....and it will take paint color with it so beware. Its a good item but will remove color......

I would NOT use Mr. Clean on your hermes bag. Please try baby-wipes as there is no alcohol in the wipes, and its gentle. To condition your leather, some inexpensive leather conditioner from either a shoe repair store or a luggage store- I use the baby wipes to clean my Birkin, wipe it down with a lint free cloth, and if needed apply leather conditioner to complete.

Let me know how it works. Good luck.

Where was my brain? I thought I heard that magic eraser was good on Hermes leather. Now i remember it was very gentle baby wipes. I'm putting the magic eraser in the utility room. Nowhere near my Hermes.

I would NOT use Mr. Clean on your hermes bag. Please try baby-wipes as there is no alcohol in the wipes, and its gentle. To condition your leather, some inexpensive leather conditioner from either a shoe repair store or a luggage store- I use the baby wipes to clean my Birkin, wipe it down with a lint free cloth, and if needed apply leather conditioner to complete.

Let me know how it works. Good luck.

A word of advice - do NOT use baby wipes on barenia or natural leathers...