Toe Pain

LaEscritora

Jan 5, 2007
Hi ladies! I ran a search for this and couldn't find anything, so I hope I'm not repeating something that has been discussed.

Does anyone have any advice for toe pain when you're wearing high heels? The side of my big toe rubs against my place pumps something awful! I love the shoes, but the pain can get pretty intense. Any products or recommendations?

Thanks!

Hi OP! I'm so sorry that you're in pain :flowers: Even though, I love high heels, I always keep a few bandages and Dr. Scholl's Rub Relief Stick in my bag. For some reason, every time I wear heels, the forth toe on my left feet always hurt, so I would wrap a small bandage around it, and I'm fine the whole day. I personally like Band-Aid Sport Strips which are thicker than the normal bandage strips, so it gives more cushion for my toes. I hope that helps! Good luck!

you mean the skin next to your nail? that might be ingrown nails.

High heel shoes are known to make you get them after many years, so if this is the problem, you should see a doctor and maybe get a wedge resection of your nail. Otherwise you might get an infection.

If this is not the case, then Nhu Nhu's recommendations are great. I like both Scholl's and Band-Aid's blister sticks.

No, not really the nail. More like the side of my toe (the outside edge). Occasionally a blister forms there, and the toe often looks swollen after too many hours in heels.

I will try Dr. Scholls and Band Aid sticks. Thanks for the tips!

Just a little advice, I ignored my next to baby toe for the past several years because I could not bring my self to admit Louboutin's are bad for my feet... alas, this toe is forever injured as the knuckle itself is permanently swollen. You may find a 'moleskin' type product for temporary relief or just change designers as I have.. Brian Atwood is my shoe savior.

Here is Victoria Beckham's sacrifice for high fashion.... :shocked:

Victoria-Beckham-bunions-4.jpg

I've got bad rubbing in a few places and I usually use band-aid blister block. they've got a cushion in the bandaid, and are skin-tone color (if you're caucasian). No one can ever tell I'm wearing them. Downside is that they're a bit expensive. They've totally saved my heels from slingbacks, tight flats, and blistered toes.
http://www.amazon.com/Band-Aid-Adhe...6LM2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292804524&sr=8-2
I also use a friction block stick.

I also try to keep my toenails trimmed perfectly so if my toes get squished my nails don't dig into my other toes.

About beckham's feet... yeesh. I've noticed that since wearing designer shoes my pinky toe has turned down and inward like hers, but not to that extent. My pinky toe skin is also a LOT tougher than my other toes now due to the rubbing.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for being a bit OOT, but in regard of high heels, I thought I'd pop a question I've been dying to ask for a long time.

The ball of my feet always, always hurt when wearing 4+ inches heels. Most designer heels don't come with a lot of cushioning on the ball-of-foot area and I think it's pretty bad; especially since with high heels, it's mostly the balls of your feet that experience the most pressure. It's gotten so bad that at one time when I spent too much time standing, I went home and realized that my toes had grown numb: the three middle toes--on both feet :shocked: Naturally I freaked out and spent two weeks gently massaging my numb toes and fortunately, with diligent efforts, my toes returned to normal. But after two weeks! I had seriously considered the possibility that my toes would never heal.

So... any of you ladies got any tips to make wearing heels bearable for the balls of our feet?

I'm sorry for being a bit OOT, but in regard of high heels, I thought I'd pop a question I've been dying to ask for a long time.

The ball of my feet always, always hurt when wearing 4+ inches heels. Most designer heels don't come with a lot of cushioning on the ball-of-foot area and I think it's pretty bad; especially since with high heels, it's mostly the balls of your feet that experience the most pressure. It's gotten so bad that at one time when I spent too much time standing, I went home and realized that my toes had grown numb: the three middle toes--on both feet :shocked: Naturally I freaked out and spent two weeks gently massaging my numb toes and fortunately, with diligent efforts, my toes returned to normal. But after two weeks! I had seriously considered the possibility that my toes would never heal.

So... any of you ladies got any tips to make wearing heels bearable for the balls of our feet?

From what it sounds like... the toebox of your shoes is too small. You might consider going up a half to full size in the style you're wanting to wear, and then, using a ball of foot pad to keep you from sliding down in your shoes, and if necessary, a heel grip. Also, shoes with full stretchable leather uppers are the way to go.

I have large feet with wide fronts, and narrow heels.. so I feel ya on this- it makes finding the perfect shoe next to impossible sometimes because of the 'squishage' factor.

Once I started wearing designer shoes I noticed that I was having lots of pain in my feet and toes. I got caught up in the Manolo and CL hype... pain be damn! I bought the foot petals, but still... I was in pain.
I hardly wear crazy high heels that hurt anymore. I have tried on some Jessica Simpson shoes that I find comfy in the store, but haven't bought any to date.