TOD's Reveal and... I need some advice!

Chanel*Blvd

Jul 11, 2008
So I got my first Tod's today from eLuxury. I was super excited to get it as I've been dying to add a Tod's bag to my collection.

2782780592_697fd5fdb8.jpg

(This is my very first reveal -- how exciting!) :tup:

First look at my new bag:

2781924827_904a0b7d2a.jpg

The color on eLuxury said "Silver," but as you can see, it's definitely more gunmetal; not a flashy silver at all.

And now for the advice part: I'm not sure if I'm THRILLED about my purchase. I like it enough, but don't know if it's something I'll reach for often.

Does anyone think the shape is old lady'ish? ... Or is the color edgy enough to give it some interest?

What I love so much about Tod's bags is that they're classics; like Chanel and Hermes, I feel like most of their bags will never go out of style. Is this one of those?

I don't know if I'm having full-out Buyer's Remorse, but I feel on the fence.

TIA for any comments!

In my opinion, it's stunning! Nothing about it seems 'old ladyish'. The color is perfect for dressing up or down. If you're not thrilled though, I wouldn't keep it (well, I would keep it myself!), but you shouldn't. That's a lot of money to spend on a bag that doesn't make your heart patter. I think the decision needs to be yours, everyone has different tastes, but if you really want my opinion, it looks great on you!

I love the colour and think it's very different.

It is a classic shape but the diamond pattern elevates it.

I think you can use this until it falls apart.

You just got the bag and buying something from the internet is not easy (been there). Pictures/monitors do not always represent colours accurately. Can you return it? If so, live with it for a couple of days and see how you feel.

P.S. I love Tods!

NOT 'old ladyish" at all! I think that style is classic and that color gives it a very nice edge! LOVE IT! I have many TODS bags so I am a bit bias... But that bag is beautiful! You can wear that bag up or down; I can just picture it with a pair of jeans and some killer high heels or not, kwim?

Enjoy her! I think you might reach for her more than you realize.
Cheers,

I love your new bag. As someone who doesn't usually like metallics, I really like this bag. I don't find it old ladyish at all. I think it's really classic and the pattern gives it an interesting edge.

I'm a fan of Tod's bags and shoes. I really like this bag--the diamonds just make it for me. Bottega Veneta has a bag in their fall ad campaign that has a diamond pattern so this must be a trend.

You're the one who has to love it, though. Do you think you'll love wearing it? If not, keep looking. All of us loving it is one thing, you loving it is the important thing. I've made my share of mistakes in buying bags, unfortunately.

It's SO nice!
It does not look old-ladyish at ALL (trust me, I'd let you know if it
looked old ladyish..im in H/School!)
I love that colour- I would wear it throughout the year.
Definately something that won't go out of style.
Very nice choice- don't have any regrets! :smile:

Oh, thank you so much, guys!!! Ok, maybe I do love it just a little. :P It's just that I've dropped some serious dough the past 2 months on my lovelies, and I guess I'm feeling a teeny tiny bit bad. -- But just a little!

Ok, it's a keeper. :girlsigh: