Tod's Kate bag

Twinklette

Over*the*Rainbow
Feb 22, 2006
Oz
What do you guys think of this style? It screams classic to me and I need a black classic bag. Is it worth the $? Not that I have any right now lol, but maybe for my next purchase :nuts: Has anyone seen IRL, how's the size say compared to a Paddy? Trying to get an idea.

todkate.jpg

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
I think it's totally worth it...almost all Tod's are. You should go for it...it's a gorgeous bag IRL.

Jan 27, 2006
I have it in cognac. It's a great bag, I had been looking at it on the internet for over a year before I finally found it at Holt. It's pretty big though, my dad says "it's not a purse, it's luggage. (but he's a smartass) I'm 5-3 and I don't think it's too big for me.

Eluxury has the dimensions as: 16" x 7.5" x 8"
NAP says the Paddy measures: 14.5" x 8" x 8.5"

So it's not really that much of a difference, it's obviously a little more structured than the Paddy, but not as structured as it looks in the pic unless you totally fill it up. I have both bags so I could take a pic of them side by side for you when I get home, but that won't be until 7:30 mountain time.

Hope that helps... let me know if you have anymore questions.

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Twinklette said:
SuLi, how big is it? I mean I'm pretty small, five feet. Woudl it be ok?
I know it comes in two different sizes, and I think you choice should depend on how much you are planning on carrying. Proportionally, I think the smaller one might be better, but I've seen the large one, and I'm 5'3", and it didn't look too disproportionate.

bag.lover

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Twinkette,

This is one of the bags I considered buying before, it's a classic looking bag. -) I tried on so many bags so I hope I remember correctly. I am the same height as you so I used to carry small bags that would only hold my wallet and phone. I am trying to adjust to bigger bags nowadays as they hold all my daily necessities (wallet, phone, key pack, pocket PC, ..), but I still don't want to feel overwhelmed by bags on me. For this particular style, I prefer the small size. As opposed to Paddington Satchel, the mini version doesn't look right -- as though it's too busy with all the details (lock).

Twinklette said:
What do you guys think of this style? It screams classic to me and I need a black classic bag. Is it worth the $? Not that I have any right now lol, but maybe for my next purchase :nuts: Has anyone seen IRL, how's the size say compared to a Paddy? Trying to get an idea.

View attachment 9659

minicoop

O.G.
Jan 28, 2006
I love this bag!! I think you should get the Media size, I am 5'3" and I think that one looks best. I think, like most of Tod's bags, it comes in the 3 basic sizes:

Piccolo (small)
Media (medium)
Grande (large)

QuirkyCool

Quirky and Cool
Mar 20, 2006
Rotterdam,Netherlands
I think that this is a great style and it looks stunning on you and in tan whatzerface.

I tried on the black,and I'm afraid it didn't suit me at all...looked very matronly,so I think you have to try it to know.

Jan 27, 2006
QuirkyCool said:
I think that this is a great style and it looks stunning on you and in tan whatzerface.

I tried on the black,and I'm afraid it didn't suit me at all...looked very matronly,so I think you have to try it to know.
Thanks for all the compliment everyone!! I think you are probably right Quirky, when I finally saw it in the store I kind of thought that too, but once I picked it up I didn't want to put it down. I get lots of compliments on it though, which I think is kinda weird because it's a fairly plain bag and you wouldn't think most people would notice it. (I'm talking about the average non purse obsessed people, of course)