Tods- in or out?

Tods bags, in or out?

• In

• Out

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Tod's is one of those lines that is never so 'IN' that it can ever be 'OUT'. They make bags of excellent craftsmanship, far better than many 'IN' designer brands, but don't become (and aren't really meant to become) 'cult' bags.

I have a couple of Tod's from years past and I think they're classic (but not dowdy) enough to wear with savvy for years and years.

I think they are gorgeous bags but just not for me. My hubby suprised me two Chistmases ago with tan Dbag and I didn't have the heart to tell him that it just wasn't for me.
I then put in on e-bay and just couldn't sell it...
I think it is a classic but not a "hot" bag

Rose said:
My S-I-L lives in Switzerland and she was saying that most of the ladies in Zurich love their Tods bags.

Actually, Rose, that's very interesting. Now that your post has got me to thinking, I'll bet that Tod's appeals to the Swiss because it's not uber-trendy, so they're excellent quality bags that are elegantly just under the radar. I wonder if the preference is partly cultural. What do you and your SIL think? :wondering

I adore Tods! I totally agree with *jennifer* and gina_b & all the others on here, tods is all about style & craftsmanship. They aren't screaming in your face logo'd.
what I personally love about Tods is exactly that, they are subtle, but fabulous. I'm hoping to pick up a couple in NY & Boston next month.

has anyone been to the Tod's boutique in NYC? does it only carry seasonal colors for bags, or do they have classic colors always in stock, for example I'm looking for an orange shade, but will they have it now or do i have to wait till next spring?

They keep alot of the older stock in the back. You have to ask the ask the SA which styles you are looking for. I was just there and they do have an orange color, but it is more of a brick orange shade.

Tod's is really classic. And it's the way you're wearin it I suppose is what is important. Our princess here in Holland (Maxima, 33) often wear Tod handbags, but with so much class that it's beautifull to look at.

Tod`s is classic and beyond "in or out".

I don't own one personally, but I came very close to buying a D Bauletto style. The thing that kept me were the straps were too short to wear over the shoulder and I am not a cross body bag wearer!

I think they are made magnificently! In fact some have similar style to the Valextra bags. They appear to be a bag that can withstand a lot of wear and keep a classic feel.