Tod's Gommini Loafers - worth it?

prism

O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
i wanna get some Gommini loafers, but i'm concerned about the rubber nubs on the bottom. are they fragile or can they take a serious beating? i'm rather hard on my shoes, so i wouldn't want to spend several hundred bucks only for the sole to break on me after a few months...

They are the best! I bought mine last winter and I wore them practically all winter when we had no snow. I've even worn them in the snow. They are worth the price!

I am also concerned about the rubber nubs under my new Tod's Gommini recently purchased from Saks. Should I do anything to protect the bottom of these shoes? All my Ferragamo's loafers/drivers have solid rubber/latex at the bottom and I don't have any issues walking occasionally on the ground covered with gravels/pebble rocks.

Attachments

• 0413463515545R_300x400.jpg
    0413463515545R_300x400.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,592
I just looked at a pair that is 6 years old. That I love and wear all the time. I inspected the bottoms and they are fine, worn but not broken or damage. I don't think you can protect them.

I just looked at a pair that is 6 years old. That I love and wear all the time. I inspected the bottoms and they are fine, worn but not broken or damage. I don't think you can protect them.
Thank you. I love the shoes but was not sure if I should get another pair in Black. Now, I seriously consider getting them.