Tod's Gommini Loafers - worth it?

prism

O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
i wanna get some Gommini loafers, but i'm concerned about the rubber nubs on the bottom. are they fragile or can they take a serious beating? i'm rather hard on my shoes, so i wouldn't want to spend several hundred bucks only for the sole to break on me after a few months...

pellarin22

Take That
Dec 22, 2009
They are the best! I bought mine last winter and I wore them practically all winter when we had no snow. I've even worn them in the snow. They are worth the price!

francyFG

Need more CDCs!
O.G.
Jun 26, 2008
Europe
Tod's shoes quality is very high. I own a few pairs and they're definitely worth the money.

TalkPurse

Sep 11, 2010
I am also concerned about the rubber nubs under my new Tod's Gommini recently purchased from Saks. Should I do anything to protect the bottom of these shoes? All my Ferragamo's loafers/drivers have solid rubber/latex at the bottom and I don't have any issues walking occasionally on the ground covered with gravels/pebble rocks.

Attachments

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
I just looked at a pair that is 6 years old. That I love and wear all the time. I inspected the bottoms and they are fine, worn but not broken or damage. I don't think you can protect them.

TalkPurse

Sep 11, 2010
I just looked at a pair that is 6 years old. That I love and wear all the time. I inspected the bottoms and they are fine, worn but not broken or damage. I don't think you can protect them.
Thank you. I love the shoes but was not sure if I should get another pair in Black. Now, I seriously consider getting them.