tod's d styling bauletto hardware develop air bubble ? anyone?

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
I don't have any personal experience with Tod's goods, but I definitely don't think that's normal. I'd try contacting customer service. I hope they get it resolved. Please let me know how it works out for you.

Oct 16, 2012
I don't have any personal experience with Tod's goods, but I definitely don't think that's normal. I'd try contacting customer service. I hope they get it resolved. Please let me know how it works out for you.
Hi
Im trying to contact TODS customers service, wish me luck :smile:
will let you know the outcome

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
I had this tod's d styling bauletto tote and I've just noticed that I had develop air bubble, is that normal? did it happened to anyone before?
will tods fix it?
or where can I fix it?

http://[URL=http://s658.photobucket.com/user/bebeau2312/media/20140918_191728_zpsb6fd1ffa.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s658.photobucket.com/user/bebeau2312/media/20140918_191702_zps717ea882.jpg.html][/URL]
What you have a picture of is blistering in the metal plating. This occurs from a problem at the factory and nothing you did - unless you heated the bag to 200+ degrees F, which could happen in a really hot car. And that only shows an issue with the plating process.

Plating blisters happen when there is an impurity in the plating solution or a contaminated/dirty surface in the metal being plated. Many metal plating factories will do thermal testing after plating, because that is when the problem tends to show up.

Contact your local Tods and let them know that you have blistering in the metal plating. If the bag is under a year old and purchased from a boutique, they can investigate hardware replacement. Otherwise you may have to pay for replacement.

Oct 16, 2012
What you have a picture of is blistering in the metal plating. This occurs from a problem at the factory and nothing you did - unless you heated the bag to 200+ degrees F, which could happen in a really hot car. And that only shows an issue with the plating process.

Plating blisters happen when there is an impurity in the plating solution or a contaminated/dirty surface in the metal being plated. Many metal plating factories will do thermal testing after plating, because that is when the problem tends to show up.

Contact your local Tods and let them know that you have blistering in the metal plating. If the bag is under a year old and purchased from a boutique, they can investigate hardware replacement. Otherwise you may have to pay for replacement.
Thanks for the info, I've contacted Tods, Just waiting for the replay from their head office

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
An update im just waiting for the parts to arrive and it will be fix with a cost of $75 :smile:
That is not too bad, and definitely worth the cost. Ask them for a guarantee against plating blisters - that should never happen with normal wear.

Oct 16, 2012
That is not too bad, and definitely worth the cost. Ask them for a guarantee against plating blisters - that should never happen with normal wear.
Yeah maybe I should ask for guarantee, it should never happen at the first place but I couldn't be bother to fight for it (since it only cost $75)
Is not that I put the bag in the oven or anything like that lol