TOD'S Chat Room - Lets Chat!

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Everyone else has one, why not us? :yahoo:

You can talk about whatever you want here, TOD'S or not. Please remember that there are some 13 year olds who visit our forum, so not too spicy. ;)

Also, please be respectful. If you have a personal issue or heated conflict with another member, please take it to PM. And remember, the Ignore feature is there for you.

How many of you here have pets? I am owned by 2 crazy Corgi boys, Albert and Tucker. They are full of energy and keep me young. Here are some pics:

Here is my little devil, Albert. I took a little liberty with Photoshop.
attachment.php

and, Tucker. He has an extra dose of personality
attachment.php

Attachments

• aldev1.jpg
    aldev1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2,953
  • tuckerdog1.jpg
    tuckerdog1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3,111
Good morning! I've got 3 dogs! The choc lab and pit bull mix were both rescued as both were fixing to be put to sleep. Fendi is my love...great dane, Jetty is the choc lab and Izzy (our latest addition) is the pit mix. I will include the pitiful pic of Jetty on her first day at our home---it is sad but she is wonderful now with a beautiful, thick coat on her! My dane is my avatar.
jettyfirstday-1.jpg

Kenandthegirls-1-1.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

jcoop - Thank you for rescuing Izzy and Jetty! Tucker is my rescue boy. I cannot imagine life without a pet or two.

Jcoop - the second pic in the bathroom is cracking me up!!! The pups look like they are being read a bedtime story. So cute and it's great that you opened your home to the rescues.

Thanks jburgh!

Kroquet, it does look like dh is reading them a bedtime story, huh???!!! He was talking and looks like they were mesmerized!! I cannot tell what kind of dog is in your avatar????

kroquet, you need to post a big pic of Jack, he is a sweetie-boy!

jcoop, your girl Jetty looked like a Bloodhound when you brought her home. Did she have sarcoptic mange? Or did an evil person intentionally harm her? If your are too sad to talk about it, I understand.

My Tucker came to us at age 3, we were his 5th home. He started life as a puppymill dog. Luckily he is well physically, but he has a lot of emotional baggage. He is fear aggressive, but great with people.

Last edited:
Who will be the first to post in our new Reference Library???

I started a bunch of threads from what I could learn in the last couple of days. This is a work in progress, please give me some feedback!

jburgh, Jetty had a severe case of demodectic mange and other issues as well. Her immune system was so weakened that she had all sorts of problems. She was about 5 months old when dh saw her. He was drilling and the dog pound was nearby. We are assuming someone dumped her close to the pound. She came up to dh and would not leave. She was bleeding and rolling in the dirt to try and stop it. Bleeding from the severe mange. I was actually out of town and dh called and told me about her. The pound people came over to pick her up but dh said he would take responsibility. She is so sweet and has the most luxurious, thick coat now! Took lots of time and $$$. You are right, she did look like a bloodhound at first. She looks to be 100% lab now.

Kroquet, Jack looks lovely up on your bed! Carson looks sweet sitting back there! Are you in San Antonio? What's your weather been doing?

^^ Great story J, thanks for sharing, :hugs: to you and DH for saving Jetty.

But have to admit Izzy's got my heart in your pix. I bet there's never a dull moment when Izzy's around.

Is DH telling the pooches about his bag loving DW? LOL!!! "Dad, she needs the bags, sometimes she puts a treat in them for us."

And I think Fendi's saying "Ut Oh, I think she's coming, watch out she's got a bag w/ her."

:lolots: ^^^
Izzy has my heart too, LC....BIG time. Dh's too! Fendi is my sweetheart and such a good dog...never does one thing wrong in the house. Jetty has a bit of a nervous personality. As long as she is in the same ole routine, she is fine. Get her out of her comfort zone and the nerves come on. Fendi and Izzy travel likes pros. Jetty is best left at home when we do travel. I have a wonderful sitter that comes to my home.

Oh, and the fawn great dane in that backyard pic was Beau. Or Beau Ann!!---as we called him---he was such a girl! He died of dilated cardiomyopathy. He was the most gentle and loving dane ever. He was a retired champion.

Last edited:
Yes Mabel is a lab mix, she travels well, but loves her routine. Eat the same thing, take the same route on a walk, you can set your clock to her.

Sorry about Beau, how long ago was that? You must still miss him.

It will be 3 years in July for Beau to be gone. We had made an appt. with our vet to come out that afternoon around 3-4 to have Beau put to sleep. I went home early from work around noon to spend some time with him. He and I were in the house together for a couple hours and I could tell he wanted a drink. He couldn't get up on his back end so I had to help him. His normal weight was 175 but at this point he was probably 145. Difficult getting him out of the house. He would only drink water from a water spigot or a water hose! We got out to the water hose--I turned it on--he drank some water and then collapsed and died right there. DH was just driving up pulling a trailer with a piece of equipment on it to get Beau transported to the grave. DH had already dug the hole on our property where Beau was to be place. Such a sad day.