Tod's bags

Incredible!! I just logged on to post about the Tod's discount paradise that I found here in CA while home for the Christmas holiday. Yesterday, I went to the Desert Hills Premium Outlet here in Cabazon, Ca. This AMAZING outlet place had the BEST discount on Tod's I have ever seen!!! All the bags they had retailed for over US $1000. Marked down to the outlet price somewhere around $800 or less. On top of that discount, an additional 40% off. Bags were selling for $400-500! Large, amazing totes with beautiful leather!! Many, many different styles on sale! It seemed as though they had more larger sized bags than they did small sizes. So, if you happen to be looking for a large size Tod's bag do an online search for the Tod's outlet store in Cabazon, CA. They do ship out of state for $30 - but no tax if out of state. I currently live in Dallas, but home is in the California desert. For those of you who have visited this outlet, you know just what a shoppers paradise it is!! Hurry and call them as soon as you can. They said they expect to sell most bags by the weekend. Also, because the Hogan store in LA has closed, all the Hogan bags are an additional 50% off of the outlet price!!!

You know, it's so bad, that whole intimidation thing. I'll never forget the time I walked into Chanel with my friend, at 16, and they just gave us the blackest looks. We looked around a bit, but were made to feel like such dirt, that we left the store. I went back with my mother and aunt a couple of weeks later, and couldn't believe the pawing. And it wasn't because they bought anything, but it was the way they carried themselves - not arrogant but confident and self assured. I learned.

I know, I feel so cross with myself really - I mean I am in my late 30s, a professional woman of independent means (I have a credit card and pay my own bills!) who speaks to conference halls full of hostile people regularly and I am bothered by a young woman who wants me to buy her bags . . . .:shame: and double :shame: . . .I take the point about the confidence, but the last time I walked in to a smart store with absolute confidence, I ended up in the loos at Tiffany, Sloane Square by mistake! Wrong door, confident attitude, worried staff!

By the way, I still haven't bought anything from Chanel yet. That's on my shopping list for 2009! But I do go in there often to dream. I love the soft tread of feet and the quiet whispers - pure and total luxury.

You can't let them bother you!! You just have to laugh if you walk through the wrong door, or into doors (as I often do!). I think that the ones that are uptight and unfriendly are like that because they are unhappy with the way life turned out. THEY want to be the ones who can go shopping without having to rely on discounts, and they resent other women for their success. But believe me, most of those girls on Sloane Street are really nice. I've also had Gucci take back an old bag where the bamboo handle was broken. The bag was about 2 years old, and they didn't carry it anymore, so I got a choice of any bag in the shop, and paid the difference.

love tod's, shoes and bags. i own i think four: miky zip, d-bag mosaic, and a bensonville... and two pairs of tod's shoes. love the leather.

i often visit the nyc boutique (it's the closest one to me) and find it funny that it's filled with more euros than americans. and the euros will buy up a lot, i mean bags of shoes and handbags. i like it though. it almost feels like i'm a different country... and everyone is nice in there, SAs and customers. haven't had a bad experience knock on wood yet.