Today is the day!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am going over to Saks today after work with my DH to decide between Red Patent Accordian with Puzzle Quilting and the Blush Rodeo Drive Hobo. ... well, also i will look at whatever else is in the store. I am planning on picking only one. Super excited! :yahoo::wlae::yahoo:
    so, I have a couple of questions....
    I plan on opening a Saks account and get 10% off
    I also see that you can get $400 GC if you purchase 2 bags over $1000. but are they really goign to make me buy another bag to get that GC or even though I am buying only one bag, will they give me the GC because either bag will be way over $1000?
    Also, are there any other promotions I can take advantage of to save me some $$$?
    (even though my DH assures me that it's technically not "saving" if they give you gift cards to purchase more stuff:shrugs:)

Lastly, which one shoudl I go for? I know most arent too thrilled about the puzzle bag, but I hear the bright red patent is pretty hot.

Thank you in advance for all your input!

2. i think you have to buy 2 in order to get $400 . could be a chanel bag and a cheap othe brand wallet or coin wallet

3. Yes, 2 bags for this egc event and they dont have to be both Chanel (any bags) -I had actually spent 3K on 1 bag and no egc this time must be 2, but you will get triple points!.:smile:

and from your 2 choices: the rodeo:tup:

4. yeah you do have to buy two bags, but one can be a wallet... look around they maybe some cheaper juicy wallets or even saks brand wallets or totes you can purchase and they are considered hand bag purchases...
    I plan on using my gift card towards some shoes/sandals- can not wait..
    oh yeah and i would say get the blush rodeo drive bag... not to sure what the red patent accordian looks like..

5. On the Deals & Steals forum, some people were saying their SAs were honoring it so long as the purchase was over $1000(?)

6. ^ Really? That's interesting. I guess I have to "sweet talk" to my SA into that kind of deal.

7. ^ Wooooaahhhh!! I did a search and they are not doing that anymore? I guess I HAVE to get a cheap bag to qualify for GC now.

8. I was at the SAKS in NY yesterday and I had to buy 1 bag over $1000 and a wallet, etc. of any sort from the handbag dept to qualify for the $400 gc. It doesn't have to be a wallet..the SA showed me some cosmetic cases, key holders, and coin holders....it doesn't matter what the price is....so no min. on that.

9. i guess I will try the "sweet talk" first and then if my charm:graucho: doesnt work, then I guess I will look for something small. maybe a key holder... I think it's time to grow out of bottle opener key chains ( i would still keep a bottle opener in my purse, just not on my keys).. ... thanks for your advice everyone!

10. I had to get two bags to get the $400 gc.
    At first they said it could be a wallet but when i arrived they had changed the rules. So i got a $180 evening bag in addition to my evening star med. flap.

But I like the blush rodeo more than the accordian i think.

11. i prefer the blush rodeo. sorry i'm no help with info about saks egc.

12. I wouldn't mind the puzzle bag in red, it's a pretty shade of red! Either way, can't wait to see what you end up picking up...! Good luck!

13. Yay yay yay!!! I can't wait to see pics! I hope you're not shy about modeling pics, I've wanted to see both of these bags on and can't wait to see which you picked!