Today is my birthday.......happy and sad

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. And, a happy birthday to you.

2. I'm sorry for you and your family. I know what you are going through. I'm glad that you can find a tiney teeny bit of comfort here. He will be in a better place soon.
    You and your family are in my prayers.

3. Ditto to what the other ladies have said here. I undestand your sorrow. My dad died of cancer, faded slowly and painfully, about 10 years ago. Just last week I had a nightmare in which he died all over again. I was devastated. My aunt once told me, "The best thing in the world is one day after the other." The only way out of it is through it one day at a time. I wish you and your peace.

4. Happy Birthday...
    But I am so sorry to hear that your dad and your family are going through this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

5. So sorry to hear that and don't apologize for letting everyone know what's going on - these peeps are your friends! Easier said than done but hang tough and know that you and the rest of the family being able to be with your dad during this time is a blessing. You are in our thoughts.

6. Another thought....My great aunt passed away this year on my bday :crybaby:I just knew it was going to happen on my bday. She was the last of that generation that was my actual relative to pass away. And as sad as it was - now I realize I will always think of her now on my bday. And I don't even know when my own grand parents passed away! We are thinking of you!!!

7. God never gives us more than we can bear. You will get through this, and after it's over, you will know that your Dad is in God's arms and in your heart. While you will feel the pain of his passing, you will also feel relief that your Dad is at peace and his suffering is over. He'll always be with you.

8. Im so sorry to hear this. My grandpa passed away kinda the same way..we knew it was coming but it was still soooo hard to take. Just remember he will be in a better place. Take care:heart:

9. I am so sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in this difficult time.

10. gosh, reading your post makes me feel so badly for you. what a rough time. i'm glad you shared on this forum. please take care of yourself.

11. Deb, i actually cried when i read your post..:cry: because i suddenly thought of my aging mom who's been ill lately..

:hugs:for you and your family

12. Let him go... and god bless.

13. Thinking of you at this very sad time. Stay strong and just think your dear dad will no longer be in pain and suffering when the time comes. sending you hugs. Happy birthday. :hugs:

14. I'm so sorry to hear this.. Thanks for sharing, because we all have been, or will, go through times like these. It's important to stay strong, for yourself and your family as well, and take comfort in the fact that your father will no longer be in pain. =)

BTW, happy birthday!

15. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers. As hard as it is, try to enjoy your birthday with your dad. :hugs: