Today is my birthday.......happy and sad

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. :smile::sad:-I'm happy and sad...I'm happy b/c I am waiting for my tivoli pm and galliera pm to arrive when I get back home. i feel bad looking at this websight from time to time but it comforts me....Strange? Anyway I'm very sad (constantly crying) b/c I went to see my dying dad in the hospital in NY and it is so hard to take. he is so aware of everything that's going around and seeing us but his body is severly shutting down. All he keeps saying Let's get outta here, when are we leaving? It just breaks my heart cause I know the end is coming soon. All I know it's not happing on my birthday (way too morbid) so I guess we're gonna do it tomorrow to take him out of is misery. Sorry to talk about this on a purse forum but somehow I feel a closeness to all of even though I don't know you but it makes me feel better..Thanks

2. Dear deb68nc, I'm sorry to hear that your father is dying. When he does die, he'll be at peace and he will no longer be suffering. The great thing is, he knows you love him and he loves you. His memory will continue to live on in your heart.

3. My family recently had a similar situation, and as strange as it sounds, despite the pain that you feel with death, there is also a huge sense of relief that comes with knowing that your loved one is no longer in pain.
    I'm very sorry for your sadness, and remember that your dad wants you to be happy and to celebrate his life.

4. I am sorry, but he will no longer feel the pain. Let him know how much you love him and pray.

5. Sorry to read about your father..I have experienced this too and it is such a heartbreaking experience to see someone you love suffering. My thoughts are with you and your family:heart:

6. I'm sorry about your dad. Just stay with him as long as you can. You know, my mom passed away 2 years ago, when I just 14. But I still feel that she always stay beside me, that will always warm up my heart when I feel sad and alone. Be strong, I know that you love your parents as much as i love mine. Even you could feel really sad and you want to cry, but your dad will always want to see that lovely smile in your face, right ? Best wishes for you and your family.

Btw, Congrats on your new goodies & Happy Birthday !!

7. It will be 10 years that my father passed so I know exactly how you are feeling. Just take comfort in knowing that he will no longer be in pain. Time will heal all. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

8. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this time. I'm so sorry.

9. sorry to hear about your dad.. *hugs*

10. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this on what should be such a special day. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your father and your family at this difficult time. All you can do is be there for him and let him know how much he is loved. I hope you're able to find the strength to get through this and take some comfort in knowing that he'll soon be at peace and free from pain forever. :hugs: For what it's worth, happy birthday hun. :flowers:

11. girl, i understand how you are going thru, i lost my dad to cancer in 2006, but he lives forever in my heart. look on the bright side, spend the most of his last moments with him, make him feel at ease.. dont cry, he will only feel sadder. happy birthday babe. cheer up

12. :hugs:I'm sorry you are going through this on your birthday. Sending you *hugs*

13. As many have already said, be comforted that he will finally be at peace. *Hugs*

14. You and your Dad are in my thoughts and prayers. Like others have said, when it finally does happen you will feel a sense of relief that he is no longer suffering and in a better place :smile:

15. My SIL died earlier this year very unexpectedly and it was very hard for the entire family. I understand ... it's good to get your mind off it for a little while * I went on tPF a lot to do that*. Happy Birthday ... you and your family are in my prayers!