Today, i did a random act of kindness (the spread little acts of kindness thread)..

Thanks GL! You made me smile and chuckle!:yes::lol:
I'm glad you had a clean face and that you showered!

Google is great! I googled what not to do as tourists long ago and that was one of the scams people use!

Also the reverse is true. People ask us to take their pictures, then they drop the camera as it is handed back to them, and they blame it is broken and try to force money out of unsuspecting tourists!:shocked:

Some people can just be awful....ugghhh!!!

Reactions: tealocean
Yeah. I try to factor in if they can outrun me or not. But according to all the movies I saw:biggrin::biggrin::giggle::giggle: those grandmas/ grandpas could be working with a younger group!
My DH says I have a wild and imaginative mind!
I think he was trying to compliment me????:biggrin:

You crack me up [emoji16].

Yes, it’s important to have a very complimentary DH. And if he refuses to comply, I just self-soothe with bags and jewelry purchase. Win-win [emoji6].

:lol: I'm not a great runner either! These women are not that much older than I am. I'm just an older mom so I'm used to running around playing ball, gently.

Most of my good friends would be considered older moms (having their first kid btw 35-40). I’m not sure how much actual running they do after their kids, but I’m exhausted just hearing their packed schedules!! It’s too bad that we’ve all moved away so far—otherwise, I’d babysit and give them a break. Younger or older—all moms are amazing in their own ways[emoji173]️[emoji173]️.

Good thing I have a very Chonky wiener dog who hates running too. We nap together a lot. Or he naps, and I play on TPF. He is a good child except when he barks at the neighbor (thru our window) who smokes outside his front door. Not sure if my doggie hates the neighbor or his smoking, or both [emoji16].

Most of my good friends would be considered older moms (having their first kid btw 35-40). I’m not sure how much actual running they do after their kids, but I’m exhausted just hearing their packed schedules!! It’s too bad that we’ve all moved away so far—otherwise, I’d babysit and give them a break. Younger or older—all moms are amazing in their own ways[emoji173]️[emoji173]️.

Good thing I have a very Chonky wiener dog who hates running too. We nap together a lot. Or he naps, and I play on TPF. He is a good child except when he barks at the neighbor (thru our window) who smokes outside his front door. Not sure if my doggie hates the neighbor or his smoking, or both [emoji16].
:heart: Oh he is a cutie! What a sweet face.

Interesting about your dog barking at your neighbor. Ok. Pardon my imagination again!......Maybe your dog knows something else besides the smoking, that you're not aware of!:amuse:

I surprised a friend a few days ago & sent him money through PayPal. He is very stressed out, because he got laid off. He is anxiously waiting for the stimulus money to arrive & is counting every dollar in his bank account. The stress in his voice broke my heart. He has 2 small kids too & lives about 2 hours from me. He said the money I sent him, wrapped him in a veil of peace. There are very few times when I am speechless. I am humbled to be able to soothe a soul.

- EURO-LUXE-

Giving my friend my iPhone 11 PM. He’s currently going through school again and while he probably can afford to get the battery swapped out of his phone easily (x), I don’t like selling my phones or anything for that matter… and got my dad a new phone already and my mom was hard enough to get her from flip phone to iPhone, I doubt she’d want mine because it’s a lot bigger.

also going to give my coworker (much younger as she just grad college so 21) my miumiu black heels. I can’t really wear heels much anymore and that pair is a smudge small on me to begin w.

We were shooting a couple of scenes in a city public park a couple of days ago, and our production had to let pedestrians walk freely through the park when we're not rolling cameras.

Anyway... I was loaded up with make-up bags and my set chair and walking towards our tent village, when an unkempt guy came over to me and asked me if I had any hand sanitizer that he could use, I said yes, dropped my gear, found a hand santizer on my gear and gave him a good sized dollup in his hand. We said the usual polite pleasantries and off he went.

I picked up my gear and I noticed that the crew were giving me shocking looks because I used product from my kit on a non cast / crew member. I was like yeah, whatever.

Last edited:
Work had an event and lots of food, drinks and a good amount left over.

took two bottles of water for myself since it’s been so hot lately, on my way home there was a man asking about fountain water at the train station (worker there). He was obviously in a tough spot, probably homeless so I offered one of the bottles I had to him, plus because he looked like he was in a tough spot, I offered macarons.

then at first one of the interns living in my building shared some bad news, about his work load basically 4x. So I gave him the other bottle of water (he usually has it but probably no time to get any today since he’s now apparently working weekends too) and a bag of tates cookies (had several since I pretty much cleared out Whole Foods during their sale).

This is so encouraging to hear! Every little bit of kindness makes a difference. You might not know how much, but you probably made their day brighter. :smile:
Thank you for the kind words! Whenever I have leftovers and I see someone who could use a meal I’d always offer.

but I just realized quite a few of events I go to, the food/drinks after would be thrown away if not consumed.

I’m making a mental note to circle back after the event is done to pick up things not consumed and still in packaging, to give away.

baked a pie for a friend who was sick

gifted two separate pre prom salon visits to the daughters of two of my friends
one got the works: cut, color, glosser, mani, pedi
one just wanted a retro blow dry like Cindy Crawford (her words, not mine lol)

took another friend to dinner

Reactions: loves and Kevinaxx
@ work and @ home, I’ve been putting aside cans/bottles vs dumping them straight in recycle.

Awhile back I wrote in the current neighborhood I was living in, I saw an old man digging through for aluminum cans.

It got me thinking—I never receive credits for the recycled cans (and I also remember back when my parents used to bring them to Safeway or other places for ¢).

Why not just set aside for him. To be honest our building wasn’t even recycling (we aren’t sure) and so prior to blue bins being provided I would go home with bottles to recycle in my own bin.

But yeah, this is my raok today. I don’t live there any longer but know he goes on a weekly schedule and approx when. Dropping off for him.

8134802D-4B88-4350-A01B-10C2A8B7F90A.jpeg