Today at Hermès Paris

arisoup

O.G.
Mar 3, 2006
Today is my first full day in Paris in search for the Rouge Garance 30cm or 35cm Birkin. I went to both Hermès Paris stores on Rue de Saint Honoré and Avenue George V, and both stores didn't carry it today:tdown: I'm hoping to buy it here since it seems cheaper in Paris than NY. I go back home in 6 days -- does anyone know the chances of getting a Rouge Garance birkin in Paris? Is there a certain time I should go there i.e. days/times when they get new shipments? I know from looking for one in NYC that it's all based on timing and luck...

The problem is....alot of Europe shuts down for August for vacation and they are just getting up and running again. I hope you find what you want!

I have a 35cm clemance rouge garance and love it!!

From what i can gather, you need to go in everyday and smile and be patient. Let them know what you are looking for and keep your fingers crossed. You might not get one there and then but they might let you put in an order. good luck.

Def bad timing, and looking for a specific colour (and maybe specific skin?) is not the ay to go unless you made an order. The chanse of just getting some thing in the colour spectrum of red is not that big, a specific red is even smaller..

Good luck though and Enjoy Paris!:tup::heart:

The girl who was there about the same time I was bought two in one day - this was about three weeks ago - so you never know. If you're there, go in and smile and ask, never hurts...

They will be able to take special orders in Sept if you don't see your color during your stay there. I heard about afternoon deliveries at both stores but the fact is, they won't know what's coming until they open up the boxes. Good Luck!!

In regards to timing I hear that you should be there at 10.30 when they open and maybe again around 3 if they get a second delivery (which I am not sure of but maybe someone else on the forum can advice)

Actually my SA at the NY Madison Avenue store has been looking out for a rouge garance since I got the Lindy Etoupe mid August. The reason why I wanted to buy it here was because I wanted to save the NY-Paris price difference (and the stress of going thru US customs). The birkin in Paris is 4900 euros (=7100 US dollars) as of today, and in NY, it's 8000+ US dollars since the price increase in August. Even if I get one in NY and saved tax by shipping it to an address outside of NY, I would still get it cheaper in Paris (let's say I don't have to pay much when I go thru customs).

The SA who I befriended today at the Paris George V store was really nice, so I'm planning to go back to him tomorrow at 11am (which is when he told me to come). I'll check the Saint Honoré store in the afternoon. 6 more days... I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for all your fast responses and advice!

Hi, arisoup!!! I read they take special orders in Septemer, is it true? cos perhaps I'll be there in the middle of September...
And I think you have to go to the stores many times in day and every day until you meet your dream bag! Just believe in this meeting! GOOD LUCK! :smile: