To wait or not to wait, that is the question

klp0213

Sep 2, 2008
I desperately want a medium oak Mitzy hobo and have done for months. I've been distracted by other bags but the burning desire for one has still been going strong.

Lillemy mentioned that Mulberry plan to discontinue this style - shock, horror! - so I'm wondering if I ought to just buy one full price now so that I don't miss out, or if I ought to wait for the sale and hope they make it in. I can't really afford to pay full price at the moment but I can't find this style on sale anywhere and I WANT ONE NOW.

I've considered waiting for the Brown Thomas 20% off promotion but I'm afraid I won't be able to get to Dublin as DH will probably have to work - he's so busy at the moment - and what if BT don't have any medium Mitzy hobos left??!!

So, what should I do?

You could try ringing BT and asking how many they have left? I know that when I was asking about Alexa I was told how many were left between Dublin and the other stores.

Do we know for sure that there will be a 20% off promotion this year?

I'm at a loss as to why Mulberry are discontinuing styles that we still love.

I suspect that some will make the sale or will come up in the outlets if you can wait. Would you buy pre-loved from eBay?

I understand your dilemma - I'm going through the same thinking with the OL Alexa - go for it now or wait til the cash is in my hand and run the risk that it will be OOS.

If you're not going to bankrupt yourself then I would get it now. It sounds like you really want this bag therefore you'll regret it if you don't get it. This was my feeling on the Roxy once I knew it was being discontinued. There may be some lucky finds on ebay or outlets after they've stopped producing them but what are the chances? I'm usually very unlucky with such things (other than my current Roxy!)

Thanks girls!

lola, the word on the street is that BT will be doing their promotion this year but I don't know when it will be and I'd really like to choose the bag myself, but probably won't be able to make it down to Dublin - too much hassle with Miss M! I'd be happy to wait for the sale if I knew for certain there would be any left. Thinking of the previous sales and the US people getting first dibs, well, I'm not inclined to count on it! For some reason I'd really like to get this one brand new. Normally I don't mind at all; all my Darwin bags have been pre-loved with the exception of ginger Alana.

LMM, lol, that's exactly what I thought! I think Lillemy said it's just the medium size they plan to discontinue so don't worry! I've no idea if BT will post during their promotion but that's a very good thought, will definitely keep that in mind.

Gemma, well that's just it: I do really want that bag and I will get one, it's just a matter of when and how much!

b*m*b, I know it's a lovely bag! Every time I've tried the display one at my HoF the girls have nearly had to pry it off my shoulder. :nuts: I could make a trip into Belfast tomorrow.....

LMM, lol, that's exactly what I thought! I think Lillemy said it's just the medium size they plan to discontinue so don't worry! I've no idea if BT will post during their promotion but that's a very good thought, will definitely keep that in mind.

Lordie - you almost had me passing out :P I was about to go & buy up the entire stock in every possible colour!! :nuts:

I truely hope you get the one you want & soon .. we all know how impatient we are when we have bag lust .. & you are no different :P

Lordie - you almost had me passing out :P I was about to go & buy up the entire stock in every possible colour!! :nuts:

I truely hope you get the one you want & soon .. we all know how impatient we are when we have bag lust .. & you are no different :P

Well surely there aren't too many colours you don't already have!:nuts::P

Yep, I'm impatient when I want something. I don't want it next month or next week even--I want it NOW!