To Treat or Not To Treat......THAT is the question!!

Do you moisturize your brand new Bbag?

• Yes, with leather conditioners.

• Yes, with skin lotions.

• Nope.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I checked again and on one of the bags, one handle still looks ever so slightly darker than the other. But, it's probably something only I would notice and I'm not sure if it was that way before (variation in leather?) because I probably wouldn't have been inspecting so closely before. But, it does make me wary of the products, only because if it WAS the products, then potentially they could have caused a more noticeable problem that would have upset me.

hmmmmmmmmmm, so i guess the jury is still out then...i'm still on the fence about what to do...my main concern is all about the handles...it sounds like you could be jinxed either way :hrmm:...but i've also heard it can 24-48 hours for the product to fully dry...please keep us posted susan-girl!!!

Okay, here's my opinion again -- I currently have 11 bbags in my collection, which have been protected with apple garde - NOTHING has ever happened, I've also never had a color change, and I have gone through numerous bottles (about 3 at the moment) so I really would not worry.

I agree with Esile, apple garde REALLY protects those handles from darkening, and looking worn - I take immaculate care of my Balenciaga collection -- and this is just one step I use to preserve my beautiful babies! :smile:

I don't think you'll look back, aaa! Just make sure you follow the instructions - a very light hand, sweeping motion, 6-9 inches away..... repeat twice (or three times) :lol: I think I have the back memorized!

byMiMi said:
I don't think you'll look back, aaa! Just make sure you follow the instructions - a very light hand, sweeping motion, 6-9 inches away..... repeat twice (or three times) :lol: I think I have the back memorized!

and the conditioner only sparingly, when needed, oui?

ReesPiece said:
For those who haven't treated.....

What happened to the colour, texture, etc if they got wet?
Can you see raindrop marks on the bag?
Please talk about your experiences....

BTW, I have only treated my pochette because it is a hand held bag & I don't want any greasy finger marks on it!
I've taken my cornflower out in the rain and just dried off the drops when I came inside and no water marks. I also got a few drops of coffee on her and they wiped right off! I notice that the more I use the bag, the less nervous I become about using it! When it was new I was neurotic :wacko: about it! Oh, its not treated, by the way.

I had a Light Camel Twiggy & the Ink City that I beat up and carry EVERYWHERE!!...& I haven't treated them with a thing! Has anyone treated their Ink?? Terrified of touching my perfect bag!!:biggrin:

^^^Thompk I have an ink, and it seems to have a bit of a built-in sheen on it that wards off stains, so I am not going to treat it or my cornflower.

However, I just ordered some AG products to apply to my 04's & 05's. They seem to be more "absorbant" if that makes sense. I am afraid to use them without treating them first....

Thanks. I don't know. Something blue -- either ink or maybe some color tranfser for paper laying on it. It is not really noticeable and doesn't really bother me. I consider my bbags my knocking around bags (especially my rouille hobo).