To the curly-haired girls!

^^I didn't know they still made the VO-5 oil, cool!! I noticed that curly hair tends to need more moisture, so I use products for dry hair. I really like the Halo line, I think that is by Grahm Webb. I also use this paul mitchell product called, hmmm, I think round trip??? I put it in my hair while still wet and it also helps drying time and then I use the diffuser. Works great!! Oh, one more tip, keeping your ends trimmed up helps the curl too.:tup:

I normally use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner, but right now i'm using Frederic Fekkai moisturizing shampoo and conditioner with Shea Butter. I can go either straight or curly depending on if I want to straighten or diffuse my hair. I guess I'm lucky that way. When I wear it curly, I'll towel dry it and put some Fekkai Luscious Curls Cream in ( you don't need a lot!), then to keep the curls in place and so they don't get frizzy on me, i'll spritz them with Aveda's Brilliant Medium Hold Hair Spray.

Do any of you straighten your hair on your own at home? i would like to straighten it more often but i don't want to constantly spend money at the salon. Mine is really curly and kinda frizzy at times...what do you use?

I would have to do blower then ceramic iron. but i want to avoid my hair from getting more dry and damaged

what products do you use?

I love straightening my hair...too bad it takes almost an hour to do or I would do it more often!

I have a Sedu ceramic straightener which is awesome - my hair stays straight even when it's humid! It's a miracle what it does to my hair!

Here are visual aids for ya (I took these when I first got the straightener)

Before:
curly-1.jpg

After:
straight-1.jpg

The straightener was about a hundred bucks, but so worth it! :tup:

I also use a protective spray from Rusk before I straighten it so it doesn't get dry or feel like it is burned.

ETA: just noticed that I'm not the only Sedu fan! :yes:

I have long, red, curly hair. I :heart: it, but sometimes it's a real pain in the @$$ to maintain! I switch between a couple different shampoos and cream rinses. Most recently, I've been using Wella Biotouch for curly hair. I only shampoo every other day, and at least once a week, I do a deep conditioning treatment. For products, I use a light curl spray by Shikai, and Aveda Be Curly on the ends. Last but not least, I usually bathe and wash my hair at night, then wind it into a bun at the top of my head while it's still damp. When I let it out in the morning, it hangs in loose, shiny ringlets. :love:

I have wavy/curly hair and am a product junkie. The best products for me are Devachan. Their cleansers don't soap up but do a great job at keeping my frizzies away. I'm trying out Wen hair cleanser/conditioner and they seem to do the trick for me. I've tried Ouidad and they are okay but not great. I love Clinique defined curl cream and Jonathan's curly serum. My list could go on and on!

I have tight corkscrew curly hair and I've been playing the product game since I can remember. I tend to use curl product only for gel and leave my shampoos&conditioners to maintain color. My holy grail of gel is John Frieda's Frizz Ease Clearly Defined Styling Gel. Put it on when your hair is wet, let it air dry or blow dry it, perfect curls everytime!

And as far as straightening, I use a mix of curlers, blow dryer, and the fantastic Hai ceramic straightener to straighten my LONG hair in about 45 minutes.

Jonathan Product junkie here. I love the whole line, but the real curl helpers are the Create Curl Serum, followed by Create Angle Gel. Low heat/air scrunching with diffuser followed by Silky Dirt. On humid days the Finish Control aerosol spray really kicks the frizzies goodbye. It's a pricey line, but it lasts forever and works great, so it's well worth it. :yes:

attachment.php

My hair is very curly and thick, but even when its not brushed (It's really poofy when it's brushed) it just looks way too casual and kind of messy. I would like my hair to look "styled" and not just kind of hang in a non-styled sort of way. I use the Sedu straightener and it's great. My one friend has a family history of beauticians, and she has decided she will be one, and her mother (who's a beauitican) said that when it comes to straighteners and flat irons the price is a lot of what it's about. She said that most straighteners under 125 dollars, or under 100 dollars, will mostly likely fry your hair. The Sedu is a dream straightener.

I've been using Aussie Moisturising shampoo and conditioner for a while now, as well as their hair cream, I think it's called Dual Personality. It's anti frizz and leave in conditioner at the same time, which makes my curls really defined and natural (not crunchy or frizzy at all). This line is also quite cheap, I think the big bottles go for like, 5 USD or so. Their 3 Minute Miracle which is like a deep conditioning treatment is also fab!!

the aussie moisturizing conditioner works for me as well!! :tup: i found that my curls are more defined and not frizzy...i read it from someone here on tpf... :yahoo: i still switch between biolage, kerastase, and infusium shampoos...

I just have to share my joy with all curly ladies :smile:)Three weeks ago I went to a cerified OUIDAD salon here in Toronto to tame my curls. I have very tight curls and although they look long when straightened, they look really short when they dry plus they always tangle and just look frizzy. So they gave me their special cut - something they call carving and slicing and then spend about 30 minutes teaching me how to take care of my curls , they also sold me their products and used a softening treatment so that my curls look longer! Long story short - I CANNOT believe i had such great hair before!! i am telling you its like my life changed :smile:) I was afraid that i wont be able to take care of my hair after ...but i followed all the steps and its been tree weeks , i washed my hair already 3 or 4 times and was able to tame it and style it beautifully!!! I read a post above that ouidad didnt work, it works wonders for me when i follow the exact steps the hairdresser told me!! So to all the curly ladies- you have beauutiful curls which you should be proud of :smile:)) so stop ironing lol - YOur curls deserve better :smile:)))) So for now i am happy - i will let you know how it goes down the road:smile:)))

I use and recommend to my clients Matrix Curl line for summer and KMS curl line in the winter because it has more moisture than the Matrix. Easy to find in the stores, and seems to work really well on numerous hair types.