To suede or not to suede. That is the question.

Jane*Bond

Sep 18, 2008
So, I ordered a mini gabby today in suede with nappa trim. I left it open whether I will do suede or fabric on the interior. Thoughts?

I LOVE suede. I have jackets, skirts, shoes and small accessories in suede. Most of my bags have suede lining. Recently, I find myself wearting suede as much as I can. So, is having an exterior suede bag enough to keep me happy, or should I do suede on the inside? Would interior and exterior suede be a bit much?

Hmm, I definitely don't think interior and exterior suede may be too much. Ignes's suede is so pettable, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having suede both inside and out, IMHO! (I keep fondling the interior suede swatch I have... :love:) Go for it! :tup:

Do tell about the details of your Mini Gabby!?!

He he. I guess it is no use keeping things a surprise with this group!

Maria emailed me with a bunch of options, but the one I fell in love with was light whiskey nappa (after seeing Duranie's mini gabby, can you blame me?) and terracotta (sp?) suede.

I really wanted to do a non-neutral color, since all of my bags are neutral, but the pic of the swatches changed my mind in a hurry! I think this will now be my 6th tan/brown-toned bag!

Duranie, I too am worried about the weight of the bag. Maria said it should be fine, but I am rather obsessed with making sure my bag is as light as possible before I leave the house. Some of my BVs and Ignes are still light with the suede. Others are not.

Maria emailed me with a bunch of options, but the one I fell in love with was light whiskey nappa (after seeing Duranie's mini gabby, can you blame me?) and terracotta (sp?) suede.

Terra cotta suede?? Wow...I didn't know Ignes had that color! Can you post the pics that Maria sent ...I'm super curious!

Hi, I just heard from Maria and she sent me these, which are probably the ones she sent to Jane. I did not include the purple because apparently that one rubs off or something. Yikes! I totally wanted that one.

I must have the tan and terracotta, basically.

Tan, red and pink, olive, gray, and blue from top to bottom, click to see it enlarged. :nuts:

tanterrqacotta.jpg

redandpink.jpg

olives.jpg

greysuede.jpg

bluesuede.jpg

Jane, I'm going suede-less for my first Ignes because I have all light bags and I don't want my Ignes to get no love for being heavy...

but I am definitely getting something suede in the future!

Thanks Euridice! Yes, those are the pics that Maria sent me, but I am technologically challenged and can't figure out how to post them.

Do you see why I NEEDED the terracotta once I saw that?

SillyKitty, Maria told me the "tan" that was next to it is light whiskey. My mini gabby will be that suede and that nappa, whatever the colors are called!

And I LOVE the light blue suede with the light blue nappa as well. I was tempted to order a bag in that color as well, but I will wait to see what suede bag no. 1 looks like first (plus, I am pretty sure I will spill everything possible on light blue suede).

Do you see why I NEEDED the terracotta once I saw that?

SillyKitty, Maria told me the "tan" that was next to it is light whiskey. My mini gabby will be that suede and that nappa, whatever the colors are called!

Hmm... that make me curious. After seeing that pic, a Mini E in that Nappa and the Suede in the braid got on my "must have" list. But if that's whiskey...hmm...I'm not sure. From pics of Duranie's Travel Bag, I though the Whiskey was too close the the Sunflower I already have. I want something that's between Sunflower and Tinted Chocolate. Looks like poor Maria is going to have to take more pics for me...lol.

Jane, I take back my previous post.

I think I am going with suede!

I wish I could see swatches of the new suedes, though. I'm down to...:

Blue, Turquoise, Pink, Fuschia and Purple. Does anyone have a vote for what would go well with Warm Pewter? I'm leaning towards Fuschia or Purple at the moment.

Jane, I take back my previous post.

I think I am going with suede!

I wish I could see swatches of the new suedes, though. I'm down to...:

Blue, Turquoise, Pink, Fuschia and Purple. Does anyone have a vote for what would go well with Warm Pewter? I'm leaning towards Fuschia or Purple at the moment.

Yay! :yahoo:You're going to love the suede! I vote for Purple or Turquoise (non textured, to take advantage of the softness!). But Maria was going to the interior suede tannery on Friday, so there might be new options. Navy Blue would be pretty....