To sit flush, or not to sit flush? That is the question!

Sitting flush or a little gap??

• Flush!

• Gap!

Results are only viewable after voting.

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
I always thought engagement rings and wedding bands were suppose to sit flush together, but I've realized not all do. I'm trying to decide if I want mine to or not. What do you ladies have, or what do you like and why?? :confused1:

For me, they have to sit flush to look right - like a proper match. They also must have the same width band at the back (on your palm side), so that it looks nice from that side too. I'm a fusspot for detail like that :smile:

For me, they don't have to sit perfectly flush but they do have to touch. I see some sets that have space for another ring in between, they sit so far apart!

It might be some people's cup of tea, but not mine. :smile:

For me, they have to sit flush to look right - like a proper match. They also must have the same width band at the back (on your palm side), so that it looks nice from that side too. I'm a fusspot for detail like that :smile:

yah, like they belong together!! some people can pull it off though, with the gap! if i was one of them, it would be a lot easier to buy stuff so i can just mix and match!

For me, they don't have to sit perfectly flush but they do have to touch. I see some sets that have space for another ring in between, they sit so far apart!

It might be some people's cup of tea, but not mine. :smile:

Yeah, I agree. Mine sit *almost* flush. The prongs of my engagement ring start just low enough to put like a 1/16" gap between my ering and wedding band in the front, but my wedding band is so sparkly that I don't think anyone would notice it.

I'm not crazy about wedding sets that look like they're 1 ring. I like them to compliment each other, but not "match." I prefer a solitaire with an eternity band (or half eternity) over a set. That's partly because I wanted to be able to wear my wedding band by itself, but many sets don't have a wedding band that looks good on its own. I didn't want to HAVE to wear my ering if I don't want to!

Yeah, I agree. Mine sit *almost* flush. The prongs of my engagement ring start just low enough to put like a 1/16" gap between my ering and wedding band in the front, but my wedding band is so sparkly that I don't think anyone would notice it.

I'm not crazy about wedding sets that look like they're 1 ring. I like them to compliment each other, but not "match." I prefer a solitaire with an eternity band (or half eternity) over a set. That's partly because I wanted to be able to wear my wedding band by itself, but many sets don't have a wedding band that looks good on its own. I didn't want to HAVE to wear my ering if I don't want to!

thats what im planning to do with my solitare! i want to be able to wear one ring without the other.. hey, can i see a picture of ur ring?

i like flush but mine are not and that's okay by me. my two rings are exact matches just one has a stone in the center and the other is an eternity band. sometimes i just wear the wedding band alone.

thats what im planning to do with my solitare! i want to be able to wear one ring without the other.. hey, can i see a picture of ur ring?

Sure - these aren't great (Blackberry camera), but they'll give you an idea.

My solitaire is just over 2ct, emerald cut, and the band is 1ct tw - 2 rows of small round diamonds with a row of pave diamonds in the middle and at the top and bottom. It took a while to get used to the width of the band with my ering on my finger, but I'm dealing with it. :angel:

Attachments

• Ring1.JPG
    Ring1.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 602
  • Ring2.JPG
    Ring2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 585
Sure - these aren't great (Blackberry camera), but they'll give you an idea.

My solitaire is just over 2ct, emerald cut, and the band is 1ct tw - 2 rows of small round diamonds with a row of pave diamonds in the middle and at the top and bottom. It took a while to get used to the width of the band with my ering on my finger, but I'm dealing with it. :angel:
omg i love it! i really like how the band is completely different from ur solitaire! diff. width and size, and look, but its gorgeous!

I think it's sometimes difficult to find a wedding band that will lay perfectly flat next to an engagement ring. As long as the whole look is complimentary, I don't mind a small gap.

Thanks - that was the good thing about using the BB camera - can't tell my nails REALLY need to be done. Going tonight though!

I love that my rings are a lot different. I wanted round diamonds in my wedding band so that my finger would sparkle. When we picked out my ering, I loved the clean classic look of the EC (and still love it), but I always love it when I see diamonds that sparkle across the room! EC stones flash more than sparkle, so this way, I got the best of both worlds! Also, since my solitaire is sort of high set, I knew I wouldn't always want to wear it (when we have kids, etc), so I wanted a wedding band that would hold its own, but could also go with my ering.

My brother's wife's ering doesn't go with her wedding ring (at all) so she wears her ering (round center, with about a million pave stones around it - halo and across the band) on her left hand and her wedding ring (rose and white gold band with 1/4ct diamonds across the top) on her right. She had planned to wear her wedding band on her left, but she says her ering looks more wedding ring-y (it does) so she wears it on her left instead.

It only matters what you (and DF) think. BTW, have you looked for his ring yet? DH and I spent probably 5x as long looking for his wedding band as we did looking for both of my rings! He's a picky jewelry guy!

Thanks - that was the good thing about using the BB camera - can't tell my nails REALLY need to be done. Going tonight though!

I love that my rings are a lot different. I wanted round diamonds in my wedding band so that my finger would sparkle. When we picked out my ering, I loved the clean classic look of the EC (and still love it), but I always love it when I see diamonds that sparkle across the room! EC stones flash more than sparkle, so this way, I got the best of both worlds! Also, since my solitaire is sort of high set, I knew I wouldn't always want to wear it (when we have kids, etc), so I wanted a wedding band that would hold its own, but could also go with my ering.

My brother's wife's ering doesn't go with her wedding ring (at all) so she wears her ering (round center, with about a million pave stones around it - halo and across the band) on her left hand and her wedding ring (rose and white gold band with 1/4ct diamonds across the top) on her right. She had planned to wear her wedding band on her left, but she says her ering looks more wedding ring-y (it does) so she wears it on her left instead.

It only matters what you (and DF) think. BTW, have you looked for his ring yet? DH and I spent probably 5x as long looking for his wedding band as we did looking for both of my rings! He's a picky jewelry guy!

DF hates all jewelery. and he has told me time and time before he only wanted a plain band. (sucks, i want him to have diamonds and to match my band!) i have given him a beautiful diamond band as a gift before, but he lost it within 3 months! so we replaced it with a plain band. i have no clue what we are gonna do with our wedding bands. do urs and DH's match can i see his? and yours next to each other pretty please?? :flowers:

DF hates all jewelery. and he has told me time and time before he only wanted a plain band. (sucks, i want him to have diamonds and to match my band!) i have given him a beautiful diamond band as a gift before, but he lost it within 3 months! so we replaced it with a plain band. i have no clue what we are gonna do with our wedding bands. do urs and DH's match can i see his? and yours next to each other pretty please?? :flowers:

Ours don't match at all. DH didn't want diamonds either, but a really good sales guy talked him into it. He went from $150 tungsten bands to about 1.5 carats of princess cut diamonds in 20 minutes. Lucky me, huh? :nuts:

Attachments

• Rings.JPG
    Rings.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 572