To sell or to keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teaparties

xoxo
O.G.
Dec 27, 2007
Sigh. I recently ordered a *** MAB (it's currently on its way to my home) and I'm having second thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I love the *** color and the style of the bag... I seem to have spotted another bag that I like more (both in color and since it's an MAM, in size -- I prefer that size). Money is the real issue. I can picture myself using the bag I'm thinking about much more often than the *** MAB. Of course, I would use the *** MAB -- but at heart, I think I'd love the other one more.

So, the real dilemma is.. do I sell my *** MAB or do I keep it and hold off on buying the other one?:shrugs: I don't think that I could possibly purchase and have both at this time - as much as I'd like to. I do know how difficult it is to fine a *** MAB these days which is why I'm thinking of hanging on to it.

If anyone has been in this position and can offer some advice, I'd appreciate it! :sweatdrop: I know it seems kind of silly to be thinking about selling a bag I haven't even received... ah, the dangers of browsing internet and looking at bags!

Last edited by a moderator:
is this wine mab the one that sold for 385 on ebay? cuz those pics were kinda iffy...

but if not, I suggest you see it for yourself because I personally think that the wine is the most versatile color out of all the other RMs(except midnight...that's a classic black). it's too early to think about you not liking the bag if you haven't seen it IRL, imo. cuz pictures aren't always as true to life as we want them.

ITA with Jo, you should definitely wait and see the bag IRL before you make a decision whether to keep it or sell it. you could receive it and fall in :love: with it.

is this MAM you're wanting to buy something you can get at a later time, is it available in stores or is it an auction-type listing that's going to end?

Sorry dear, I know you just want advice on what to do but we aren't allowed to discuss specifically what we are selling (or might be selling) because it can look like soliciting sales.

My advice to you is to wait until the bag comes before you make any decisions. I agree that the pictures looked a bit *off* so chances are the decision will be easier than you think. Regardless you got a steal on a great HG bag and you will have no problem selling it if you so choose.

Good luck & post pics when the bag comes!

^^ I'm not sure if teaparties got the MAB from ebay. but the latest one I recall online was THE one on ebay...so I'm just under the assumption that's the bag she's talking about.

but do correct me if I'm wrong, teaparties!

I'd wait, I was considering it and even got additional pics from the seller, but then I got in on a special order and decided against it, also my DF is VERY anti-ebay, it's insane. Makes me mad too cause that means I will probably never get a deal on RM :sad: he says it's worth the extra $200+ dollars for insurance that the bag will be new and returnable should my taste change as soon as I see it. BAH!

But wait until you get it, take lots of pics(wee), and you'll probably just fall in love with it like everyone does with wine bags!

^^ So then how did that bag look in the additional pictures? I am curious b/c I had never seen a wine MAB quite like that... to the point where I actually thought that it was Bomar's Deep Red and not infact wine but that was just *my* opinion formed after looking at only a few pics.

I'd love to hear more about it!

I will post pictures when I receive it. I'm excited about it because I think it's a beautiful bag, ***************

Thank you for all of your feedback! I will think about it and wait until I unwrap it. I'm sorry for posting a little too much information about it! More details later when it arrives~

Last edited by a moderator:
Teaparty, you are not allowed to tell us what you are putting up for sale or not. It's against TPF rules. You can ask opinions about bags you get but to directly say you are putting it up for sale is solicitation or advertising.

RM buyers are rabid and if the purse you list is desired, it will sell without you speaking of it here. The TPF girls know how to Google like mad women and can search auctions like Pros.

I wasn't trying to promote my item at all, in fact, I created this thread to get some advice on whether I should keep it or not.

I do apologize if more 'hinting' at the kind of bag was revealed than originally intended. I realized my mistake in my first post, that I had mentioned the color, which was quickly edited by a mod. In my second, I don't believe I mentioned the type/color/kind of bag -- it was assumed by other members. I did not state where I had purchased it either, it seems like people had falsely assumed that it happened to be like a certain recent auction. Never once did I say that I was going to list the item -- it was honestly just assumed.

I love TPF and did not want to cause any sort of problem. I do know how awesome these ladies are at finding bags, but honestly I don't think I revealed any specifics other than the color/type. I hope my true intentions are known and I am not here to solicit or promote any sort of sale. I just wanted some advice.

If this topic could be deleted or locked, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Teaparties- it was an honest mistake that we all make when we are new. I know that in your second post you did not give specifics on the bag but the specifics on the bag had already been leaked and in your second post you mentioned again that you would probably be selling this bag. I know you didn't mean any harm so please don't take it personally. We love having you around and as you requested I will lock this thread.

Enjoy your new bags!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.