To sell or not to sell.....

chabich

O.G.
Jan 1, 2007
Not sure what to do. I searched and searched for the Canadian Dark Brown Metallic Reissue that the US didn't order. Went through customs and all that good stuff to get it! I haven't used it yet due to the antiqued gold hardware. Even though it's not bright, it's subtle. I'm just not a G/H girl. I'm waitlisted for the new Dark Brown Metallic with the R/H which I know I will love! Do I sell the G/H one or not? It's such a rare bag......:confused1:

I would sell it because you are not in love with it and would rather have the brown with R/H. You can wait to sell it until you get the one with the R/H to make sure you have a brown metallic in your collection. It does not matter how rare something is if you are not enjoying it and wearing it then it is a waste of money. Get the one you really love and will enjoy.

The U.S. is getting the dark brown w/gold hardware for cruise. The exact same one that you bought from Canada.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I know in my heart I should sell it! With the price of Chanels it has to be one I love. It is a gorgeous bag, it needs someone that will love it!! Not sure if I want to do consignment, so I think I'll put on Ebay before they release cruise....? I wonder if it will be the same color though because it is darker than the newly released with the R/H.

Maybe you should if you don't see yourself using it... And invest in another gorgeous Chanel! :yes:

(BTW could you post up pictures of that bag? :P Would love to see it!)

Yes, I confirmed with Brendan at Chanel NYC, it's the exact same color code, same style # and everything. The difference however will be the price. Huge price increase - like 10%.

thanks Mon. i'm relieved i got mine earlier this year before the increase then...i was going to kick myself if we were getting the same color but with silver hw here in the US :sweatdrop:.

chabich: i know what you mean about the gold hw bc i'm also a silver girl at heart, but if it's of any consolation, the matte gold looks super gorgy with the deep brown bag. it's a stunning bag and well worth all the trouble you (and i) went through to buy from overseas!! it's the one bag i'd make an exception for the gold hw :yes:.

thanks Mon. i'm relieved i got mine earlier this year before the increase then...i was going to kick myself if we were getting the same color but with silver hw here in the US :sweatdrop:.

chabich: i know what you mean about the gold hw bc i'm also a silver girl at heart, but if it's of any consolation, the matte gold looks super gorgy with the deep brown bag. it's a stunning bag and well worth all the trouble you (and i) went through to buy from overseas!! it's the one bag i'd make an exception for the gold hw :yes:.

Larkie
: I do agree that the color combo is Stunning!!! I will make sure I see the new reissue IRL first before I decide.... I would hate to regret the decision, and would never find it again! I don't need to sell it..... It looks to me that the new one is lighter and the color does not have the copper undertones of our bag... I am waitlisted at Nordies for the medium coming in with the R/H. I think I need a new hobby, this is way tooo addictive!!