To sell or not to sell...that is the question

New2Coach

O.G.
Jul 26, 2007
I've been pondering over this for a few days now. Should I sell my beautiful Mandy or keep her? She is so pretty, but also is very heavy. When I first got her I carried my things along with things for my infant daughter. My baby is now older and does not require me to carry much so I just do not use Mandy at all. She feels so big & bulky, but at the same time she just makes me smile. If I keep her I will only use her a few times a year so is it worth keeping her in the closet? I really am torn over this. I mean, I do not really need the money, but could buy a bag I will use more often. I still have my Ali & Leigh so I will have a few Legacy bags, but I am still worried I will regret selling the Mandy. What is a girl to do?:shrugs:
Also, do you think the '06 shoulder bag would be too small for me? I have been watching them on the *bay and considered getting this in place of Mandy.
Any input will be appreciated:tup:

I have round a lot of the leather coach bags to be heavy. If you dont think you're going to enjoy her sell her.
I think its ok to spend a ton of money on a bag if you're going to love it, use and enjoy it. If not, sell it, dont buy its just a waste to have it sitting on the closet.

I'm trying so hard to thin my collection to bags I will rotate on a regular basis.

Hard decision. Another thing to consider is that it seems to me *bay is really flat right now and you may not get even close to what you paid for the Mandy. Maybe that's ok with you, but I just tried to sell a Coach that I had only used once and I couldn't even get close to what I paid, so I still have her. I just can't give it up for less. Also, possibly down the road you may change your style and love to carry her again. That happens to me a lot. And she is a beautiful bag.
Good luck!

Mandy is such a beautiful bag. i sold mines because i knew i wasn't going to really use her in the long run. she IS heavy and i'm amazed at how you said you used it as a baby bag! wow, wonder woman. just listen to your points, i think they are valid. if you don't need the money right now, then don't sell it...however, you could always go out and get yourself another nice bag which you know you'll use ;).

I think if you don't use her very often, you should sell her for a bag you will get use out of! You probably won't regret it if you replace it with another bag that you love just as much that is more functional for you! :tup:

That is hard... I love the look of the Mandy and came close to buying one in the outlets... but the problem is like you said it was big and really heavy. :tdown: I had to pass her up... I think the shoulder bag would seem really small compared.. that's the problem for me too I love the shoulder bag but on me it looks too small I think. The Ali is another bag you could consider that is great. If you hardly wear her I would sell her if it were me.. Good Luck in your decision! :tup:

I think you have to ask yourself whether you want to keep the bag because you want it as part of your collection, or whether you want to keep it (or any other bag) because it's the practical decision (you need/want to use the bag). This answer varies from person to person, and some of us may have a combo type collection (bags that are specific for collection, as well as practical bags for every day use). I am a combo type person, a quasi-collector...so I can tell you there's NO way I will sell my Mandy (can't imagine that happening ever, lol!).

But...it's not a bag I carry often because I have this feeling it kind of looks like a log on me, lol! I don't like the way it slouches down to look like a log, but overall, I think it's a phenomenal bag.

As for usage... I'll be honest... I have enough bags to rotate daily and never use the same one again in a given year. :shame: Some of my bags don't even get used in a year at all, and I also go through phases. When I really grow tired and out of love with the particular bag, I sell it. I sold near 30 Coach bags over the last year, but mostly I've been selling off other brands I own as of late (since I have my Coach collection down to the bags I still mostly love for one reason or the other).

I know some people think it's absurd to have so many bags and not use them, but to me, that's just crap (and short-sighted on their part) because we are all different people. It depends on what YOU need and want, and not what someone else thinks. If you can justify keeping (or selling) the bag, then that's what you should do. That answer may change for you as time goes on too! I've sold bags I never thought I would, and I've also sold "too soon" and had to repurchase the bag. I would just make sure before you let it go that you really do want to sell it. I typically get the bag out and leave it in my office for a week or two while I think about it. Sometimes it does get sold, and other times it goes right back in the dust bag until a later date. Some of the bags are still in my collection too, and I'm SO thankful I didn't jump on the "SELL!" bandwagon and get rid of them!

Just take some time and make the decision that's right for you!! :tup:

Oh, I also should say that my advice above was based on your statement that you don't need the money. If you need the money and don't really carry the bag, then to me that's a darn good reason to sell it. Also space issues... I have this problem, so sometimes I need to sell some of the bags in my collection to make room for new ones. If you fall into these categories, then obviously that may dictate what you need to do!

Mandy is such a beautiful bag. i sold mines because i knew i wasn't going to really use her in the long run. she IS heavy and i'm amazed at how you said you used it as a baby bag! wow, wonder woman. just listen to your points, i think they are valid. if you don't need the money right now, then don't sell it...however, you could always go out and get yourself another nice bag which you know you'll use ;).

No wonder woman here:P. I only carried an extra diaper & wipes case. Plus, with the baby the bag was always in/on the stroller when we were out. So I really did not carry it.

Thanks BagLady. I think I will sit on it awhile and think it through. I am not one to sell my bags because I just never know when I am going to want to use it again. This time I just thought I should considering she is so heavy. If I did sell her I would want to get another bag in her place for sure! Money is not a factor in this. In fact my dh said NOT to sell her. He thinks if its not eating anything its ok:rolleyes:. Anyways, I think I will use her tomorrow and see if I fall in love with her again. And if not I will consider selling and get that Hampton's bag I have had my eye on:yes:.

I have the '06 shoulder, and it IS significantly smaller than the Mandy but works perfectly for me. Even though it is smaller it's still a heavy bag, so I can just imagine what it's like to carry around a Mandy all day. It' doesn't sound like you are itching to sell it, so it's not going to hurt if the Mandy sits in your closet for a little bit longer.