To sell or keep...

Mzaf

Feb 3, 2016
IMG_1487554614.777394.jpg

I don't think I'll be getting much use out of this bag. I have a few totes now. It's in great condition and only 2 1/2 years old. However, I don't believe they are making this anymore which makes me wonder if it will be considered a collectible/classic piece down the road and/or something that I may want to pass down to one of my daughter's?? Or will it just be considered an older bag that I should've sold??

I love the look of this bag and it has been on my radar however most of these bags preloved seem to have major cracking on the glazing of the handles. With LV being hit or miss with repairs with out a receipt its a gamble to buy this bag pre loved in my opinion and the ones that I have seen are sold at a large loss. If you don't need the funds I say keep.

Most pre-owned bags are sold at a loss. I sold from this Empreinte line myself, and I think I did well. It matters how much you are willing to lose, the market, and how quickly you want to sell. There might be a buyer looking to buy your purse, especially if it is in like new condition. It is like going fishing. It can't hurt to try if you rather have the money than the bag. I don't know if others will be into collecting Empreintes in the future, so I would not bank on that. I never see an Empreinte bag as any old purse, but I love LV bags. :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mzaf
View attachment 3610899
if it will be considered a collectible/classic piece down the road and/or something that I may want to pass down to one of my daughter's?? Or will it just be considered an older bag that I should've sold??

Liquidate it now if you don't enjoy it. It is lovely but not destined to be highly valued in the future. Almost no mass-produced bag warrants being stashed away for the kids.

Many of the LV bags I have seen sold on the resale market were at a loss including the canvas prints. I don't think many people should assume they will get retail or over retail selling pre-owned bags. Many people buy pre-owned for a discount. Somebody might have missed out buying this bag, and they might buy yours. It matters the condition, how many available, how popular the bag, and if the right person is looking at the time when it comes to selling and price. Right now, I do see more Empreintes on the market compared to when I sold mines. I noticed I sold at my asking price when I did not take in what other sellers were doing. It is about selling your bag. Yes, many people are looking for canvas on the resale market, but the Empreinte can sell for a reasonable price right now because it did for me. I personally would not bank on any bag being collectable unless it reaches iconic status. Well, that's my take on selling Empreinte bags which is based off my experience.

Last edited:
I love the Citadine and could only wish it's lighter. It's a great tote that is not as common as Neverfull.

Don't worry about cracking or glazing issue with the straps as I had mine replaced twice, complimentary.

View attachment 3610899

I don't think I'll be getting much use out of this bag. I have a few totes now. It's in great condition and only 2 1/2 years old. However, I don't believe they are making this anymore which makes me wonder if it will be considered a collectible/classic piece down the road and/or something that I may want to pass down to one of my daughter's?? Or will it just be considered an older bag that I should've sold??
Sell

View attachment 3610899

I have this same bag and was recently thinking if I want to keep or not. It is a comfortable tote with lots of storage and love the matching pouch! I like the hardware details and the clasp closure. I somehow don't LVoe empreinte anymore both my lumi's lost their shape and I didn't like that they became slouchy...I don't feel it's a collectible piece very few LV's really are. Maybe save it for your daughter, it is a beautiful bag ....

It might help to get a quote from Yoogi's or Fashionphile, etc. and then see how you feel about selling. I was thinking about selling my Sully (which is discontinued), and got a quote for $600. I paid $1650 plus tax for it less than 2 years ago. So I decided not to sell. If I really wanted to get rid of it, I would have, even at that low offer, but I was on the fence, and so the offer convinced me to keep it.