To Return On Not To Return: Glue Stained Ivory 05 Stam $1330

I still think you should return it. I think you can still find an ivory stam. I saw one when I was at bloomingdale's this afternoon. When I go back tomorrow morning, if it's still there I will inspect it for glue stains and give you the phone number if you're interested. Friends and Family sale till Sunday will give you 20% off. Just let me know

I think you should return it...no matter how in love you are with the Stam, it seems like you'll never be 100% in love with the one you have right now. You'll find one in perfect shape for the same or similar price...I just know it! Good luck!!!!!!!

What a terrible predicament! I can understand the difficulty with letting go of the suede interior. But honestly, if you are going to always conscious of the glue on that bag, you need to move on. Too bad that seller won't offer you a better deal on it. If you hang on there, another auth ivory stam will show up on ebay, you just have to be patient. Believe me, it's worth the wait. I'd rather see you happy and not frustrated with this bag. And there is always the option of taking advantage of the 20% off deal at Bloomies on a current stam.

i'd return it too. on a bag that color, you're going to see it and see it over and over again and it's going to bugg you. just be patient and im sure the right, most perfect bag will come along and all you suffering and longing will be worth the wait ;)

And there is always the option of taking advantage of the 20% off deal at Bloomies on a current stam.

yeah it may even be an '05. As more and more people were taking advantage of sale and the Marc bags were getting fewer and fewer, they were taking older bags from the back, and putting them out on display. The first time I went the ivory stam wasn't there.

When I went back a second time I saw it. I even saw a small multi pocket with silver hardware the second time around.. which is older than the '05 stam. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and I'll check like I said and let you know. ;)

Has the glue actually STAINED the leather? Or is it actual glue that is gunked on... that like, you can feel with your finger?

I would try to fix it (without destroying it) before returning it, especially if it was a bag that I REALLY wanted.

I'd go to an art store, and pick up a rubber cement PICK UP or rubber cement eraser:
Crepe Rubber Cement Pickup - Blick Art Materials

and gently rub the corners of this onto your stain... DO NOT RUB VIGOROUSLY.

When I make a bag, it's impossible for you to do it perfectly everytime... so there will always be a little glue mishap here or there.... and if done properly, this would always do the trick.

Until I see the pics, I can't give my full opinion. As of right now, however, here's what it sounds like IMO...

You fell in love with this bag, paid A LOT of money for it, and when it arrived you were dissatisfied. I know a lot of people here can live with the flaws if it's a bag they really love, but for me, no matter how much I love the bag's design or functionality, if there is a major flaw (like a glue stain, etc.) I have to return it. I am too practical to pay such large amounts of my hard earned money on items that are damaged or are imperfect to me. I ordered like 3 chloe paddingtons before I found the perfect one because I was so picky about the leather. However, all the hassle and searching was worth it because I finally got the right one.

I'm really sorry you're dealing with this bagpunk. I know it can be super-frustrating. I hope everything works out, and no matter what, I'm sure you'll make the right decision. Keep us updated on what you decide.

^^ I am so forgetful, slipped my mind that Luna makes/designs handbags. Thanks for the tip Luna, it will come in handy. =)

BagPunk, if you do decide to return it & are willing to buy a non-suede lined Stam, I would recommend buying it from a major retailer (if it's still available). For a bag that has some issues, paying a little bit more for the extra piece-of-mind is worth it. You are covered in case something goes wrong with the bag.

hi guys. thank you for being so supportive.

frances! i would have wanted that bag...! but such as life. it was not mine to be. i am still waiting for a fellow PF-er who said that she saw S/S06 collection her area to for some contact details so i call them and see if they still have some old stock. but she has not replied with a post since and that was a few days ago.

ANYONE ELSE SEEN STAMS FROM 05 OR S/S 06? this is the problem... i am no longer interested in any stams made after S/S 06. if i can't get anything i like from before, i think i may just give up.

luna, i will try to see that product you suggested. i hope i have time to wait for it to arrive and try it on.
the "stain" looks and feels like yellowish layer of film in the parts where they are thinner, like hen you spilled nail polish on leather and then it dried. with the parts that are thicker, it felt more like dried gum, like when a pile of thickly layered glued dried off. so yes, you can feel it with your fingers int he parts where they are thick enough.

it is 4.30 pm here now on a sunday, i just came back. will try to take that pics if the light stays. otherwise, it has to be tomorrow. taking time off work tomorrow just to sort this out...!

will be back soon..! thanks again so far, please keep your comments coming. this has been very helpful *hugs for everyone*

tried the lowest resolution on my camera and the forum still said that mine is too large (limit of 195.3 KB and mine is apparently 252.6 KB).

any idea what to do next?

Bagpunk, it's hard for another person to make the decision for you. It depends on your personality & how much love you have for this Fall 05 Stam. Will you lose sleep if you cannot find the exact item again? If the glue marks can be removed by your local repair shop, will you be willing to pay additional cost (in additional to fixing the frame)? If the marks cannot be removed, would they bother you in the long run?

There are times where I keep bags that aren't perfect, I am sure there are members who are like me as well. Why? I lost my chance of owning a Spring 06 Blush Elise because I over-inspected & wanted everything to be absolutely perfect; I ordered Blush Elise twice from NM online, I sent them both back. I never stop beating myself up for that!!!

If you start comparing to other bags, it shows that you already have doubts about this Stam (your inner self wants you to send it back). All premium brands sometimes have issues that need some repairs, unfortunately, you have to eat up the cost when it's purchased from ebay. Fall 05 Stams are known to have some problems (not supposed to, but what can we do?), some lucky owners don't have any problems with theirs. As for Kimmisu's Taupe Stam, I believe that it's not brand-new like yours, it's not quite apple-to-apple. Kimmisu, correct me if I'm wrong. =) I really hope that her Fall 05 Stam will be perfect too.

I agree with you baglover that it is a very personal and subjective thing. It really depends how much you feel for the bag. As I posted in the original thread, my putty stam is not perfect but I love it to bits. And my friends have alot of problems with their fendi spys with the entire spy compartment dropping and this is 2 weeks after purchasing it from Barneys and another spy does not close properly where the latch is but they still love the bag. So bagpunk if you feel this way already it is already affecting your love of the bag.

Baglover, I agree that it is not fair to compare apple to apple with myy taupe cos my taupe is not brand new and also every situation is different. And if one wants to compare, it will never stop on end but should instead focus on oneself. My taupe stam has been mailed 2 weeks ago and it is still not here and it could very well be lost in the mail and I will never see it to save my life so if one wants to compare then my predicament is not one to be envious of cos I do not even have the physical bag after shelling out over 1100USD.

And I personally feel that it is too premature to ask be asking this question without first consulting the bag cleaning shop which I originally suggested in the original thread before the weekend if it can be rectified. Sorry but to me I feel that it is jumping the gun a little.