To Refurbish a Used handbag OR NOT???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm sure some of you buy used handbag. Do you refurbish a used handbag by replacing tarnish hardwares, fix the leather..etc? I bought this beautiful designer bag, but the little pearls that comes with the bag have a lot of scratches on them. The wires attached to the pearls are all darken. I order some Swarovski pearls (same color as the old pearls) & sterling silver wires & planning to replace all of the beads myself. Now, if I am to resell the bag, will it be an issue? I am replacing the older beads with better quality ones? The bag is definitely newer than before. Anyone refurbish an old bag? Thanks!

2. You're way more creative than I am. I never would have thought to "fix it up." If you're planning to resell the bag, I suggest taking before and after pictures, so you can show potential buyers that you made an improvement.

3. That's a great idea!!! Never thought of that...thanks! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: