To refund or not refund?

t1r4m1su

BagsBargainLover
O.G.
Apr 11, 2008
I just sold a bag(LV epi noe) on ebay last week. buyer paid fast(no problem) but then when item received,she wants a refund due to "not in a good condition"(direct quote from her)
so being a nice seller,i asked what's the "not in a good condition" means?
I explained to her that item was as described and at the auction, I put many pictures that are clear enough for all to see.
She mentioned the bag was overstretch(wth does that mean?!!) and pointed to look at the picture in my auction.
oookayyy,so she saw the picture and she think it's not in a good condition and she still bid on it:cursing: and now she wants a refund?!
I told her i could not refund her because the bag is as described and she said that she doesn't want to give me bad negative. here's her words:"Do you want to refund for me yes or no (i don't want you have bad credit on ebay )."

any advice?
thanks for listening/reading. i just need to vent.

for those who want to look at the auction.just pm me.

oh btw,the seller has 12 pos fb and quite new to *bay

Last edited:
Maybe she has buyers remorse? Like you said, she obviously saw and knew the condition of the bag prior to bidding so...? Doesn't sound like she deserves a refund, but its up to you :smile: maybe if you're feeling generous you can refund her :P

I know it is horrid when these things happen, but I guess the question to ask is what works best for you? Is it sticking to your principles and fighting a possible SNAD claim/receiving (unfair) negative feedback or is it resolving the situation even if that means giving an undeserved refund? Unfortunately, that has to be your call. I know from my own experience that there was once a time when my life was calm and I stood up for myself on Ebay and another time when life was stressful and I'd just give a refund/relist in the hope of finding a better buyer (I did!) but avoiding extra hassle. Have a think - there is no rush to respond immediately.

Oh, these buyers are unbelievable. The blackmailing is getting crazy, yet ebay says not many sellers have reported feedback blackmail (yeah, right). It's up to you, but I would probably just refund her and relist it, that would be the easiest route to take. You could report her to ebay for the feedback blackmail, or let her file a SNAD, but then you risk her doing something to the bag before she sends it back. Personally, with all these crazies out there, I would tell her to return it and you will refund her.

It's really whether you want the hassle or not...make sure the bag is in the same condition when you sold it though before you refund..if you go that route.

I would report her for feedback blackmail. Its rididculous that buyers can treat sellers this way.

Ditto. And you could reply to her email stating that what she just did is against fleabay rules--threats of a neg in order to get money back--and that you also wouldn't want her to "have bad credit on e`bay." Maybe that'll stall her and/or keep her from filing a snad or giving you a neg. What a load of crap.

Yes, buyers remorse -- more and more I'm finding buyers think sellers are department stores.
Don't like it, make up some reason to return it.
Certainly report the comment about your Ebay credit standing.
I agree with Miss Sooky, what works best for you?

well,she decided to file dispute with *bay. before i sent it out, i use security tag so she couldn't use the bait and switch. i'm only afraid she will scratch the bag even more to win the claim.
ITA with pursesuader, more and more buyers are treating us sellers like a dept store:cursing:
i saved all our communication on *bay messages just in case *bay needed some proof for this dispute.

^Agreed, refund her but ask for a restocking fee so your expenses will be covered; hopefully she'll be satisfied with that and leave your bag alone and not do anything to it before she returns it.

It sucks when someone wants to return something, but I think it's just something you have to accept unless they are completely full of it which I understand is the case sometimes(okay, maybe a lot of the time). If they file a dispute whatever return policy you had won't matter anyway and they will most likely win. I agree as well that the restocking fee is a good idea. Ebay is cool with that, so tell her that will be taken out of the refund.

Restocking fee, shipping charges (both ways) and also you can file a NPB report which has a spot to check for buyer is returning item - this will get you your FVF back.
Sorry you are having to deal with this buyer.