To purchase a Louis Vuitton Cerises or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keenersarmywife

Pregnant and cranky
Nov 13, 2011
So my mother is the one who turned my sister and I into handbag lovers. I have gone with my mother many times to the LV store growing up and as an adult. Sometimes we have "purse parties" with each other. Usually we either swap with each other temporarily or someone will have something to swap permanently. We do this on a yearly basis and it is mainly just small accessories or borrowing someone else's bag/clutch for an event. Recently my mother approached my sister and then me about buying her Louis Vuitton cerises speedy 25. She feels that now in her 50's she has outgrown the style and no longer likes it. I was with her when she originally bought it. At the time I thought it was a terrible purchase. Now I am in love with the bag, however I worry about criticism that I may receive from some of my friends. I showed my best friend the bag and she told me to pass on the bag and thought it was ridiculous that my mother would sell it to me instead of just give it to me. Personally I do not see the problem as she has bought a bag from me. We don't charge retail for it, but we sure don't just give away 800+ bag. She also told me that the cherries on the bag make it more suitable for a teenager than a grown woman. I already receive criticism from friends, because I buy designer bags and am told constantly that I am wasting my money. I do not want to be criticized for purchasing it, but I really am in love with it. What should I do?

Jul 10, 2007
if your "friends" criticize you for what you love - It would be smart to think about who your "friends" are.
Why not do or buy anything you love? Leave self doubt behind and be happy :smile:

oh - I have Cerises items i use all the time and i'm over 40!

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
if your "friends" criticize you for what you love - It would be smart to think about who your "friends" are.
Why not do or buy anything you love? Leave self doubt behind and be happy :smile:

oh - I have Cerises items i use all the time and i'm over 40!
Great advice! It was your mother's, you love it. She's offering to sell it to you. Case closed.

keenersarmywife

Pregnant and cranky
Nov 13, 2011
You're right. I really should not have let other peoples opinions cloud my own. I love my friends and this is the only thing we disagree upon. I believe if they owned just one designer handbag, no matter which designer, they would understand. Thank you ladies! I called my mom & she said she would come by tomorrow morning. Apparently my dad is suppose to be getting her a monogram never full GM in march, but she doesn't want to wait so she is using the money I give her to go buy it. I am sure my dad will be thrilled it didn't come out of his pocket :smile: lol

CAM22

Aug 6, 2010
I think that line is cute especially in the speedies and you should do what you want!

toujours*chic

PAID TO HAVE AN OPINION
O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
Silk Nirvana
I have the 25 speedy and the matching wallet- they are among the most cherished of my LE LV. I would buy it in a heartbeat and I venture to say I am more in your mother's age range. The little cherries bring a smile- I consider them "art".

I agree with the others that you should do what makes you happy and not listen to "sour cherry" detractors:hbeat:

LVoeletters

only the best
Aug 13, 2011
constant state of wanting sparkle
If it makes your heart sing go for it, I'm personally not a fan of this line, but don't care about what anyone else things. I will say think if you would really use this bag for years and years... also there is a new collaboration that was announced from the woman famous with polka dots, you may see that and end up wishing you waited till you saw the new bags. GO with your gut!

lizaariani59

Nov 16, 2011
I personally will very happy if i own cherries lv.just ignored what ur friends told u about those bag.they don't know how much it mean to you& don't forget not evry membet of tpf got those cherries

BagLady14

O.G.
Dec 15, 2005
North of Boston
I own the Cerises Speedy and still use it and love it. I disagree with your friend. I always get compliments when I carry it - moreso than my newer, more expensive LV's. Sometimes I carry it when I go to the boutique and the SA's swoon over it and they tell me that even after 6 years customers still come in asking to buy that bag.

SMElleJae

Jan 8, 2012
PacNW
It makes me sad that your friends would hold your love of handbags against you...you're not hurting anybody...

Everyone has a vice :smile:

If you love it, then get it...it was your MOM'S...extra special :smile:

keenersarmywife

Pregnant and cranky
Nov 13, 2011
Well I got laid off not soon after I purchased this and had to adjust my lifestyle accordingly. I sold my ENTIRE Lv collection. It wasn't much to begin with, but it is all gone *sigh* I am now exclusively Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.