To Nile or Not?

prachi

O.G.
Aug 4, 2009
I've been eyeing the Nile, but of course it is sold out everywhere...

Today at Bloomingdales they randomly had one black medium Nile on display, apparently they got just one yesterday and the sales associate debated whether to even put it out.

Anyway, I bought it because I really love to look of the bag when used with the bracelet, but of course I will probably use the shoulder strap more. Does it look weird when worn crossbody? Like a big ring just sitting there?

Also, because I opened a cc and they were running power points, I got it for less than $1200...but is the medium just too big for this look? I don't know if I LOVE it LOVE it...but I do think it is unique and I'll never find another one at this price...

I have a Marci, that I've owned for years and the girl has held up so well. I imagine I would use this bag more for evenings/dinners...though maybe if I'm feeling hip and cool daytime too? I have a toddler though, and he'll certainly be banned from even looking at this bag (though he plays with my Marci all the time).

Would love your thoughts!

Attachments

• Nile.jpg
    Nile.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 6,182
Stick with the medium. I bought the minaudiere, the nile bracelet bag in small, and the nile bracelet in medium... I'm selling both the minaudiere and the small because the medium fit my every day needs. Before I was lugging around a YSL Sac de Jour in small- lipstick red with suede interior or a large Gucci Dionysus in blue suede and blue leather but as much as I love those bags, and the Dionysus is from before; the one season you could get suede on leather (40 made for the US market)- now it's only the suede on suede like the have now which is kinda blah because the textures are all the same on the outside. Boring!

But it's spring and the medium nile is so lightweight I can go for walks and carry everything I need- including my two phones (ones this giant one for work) which you can't fit in the small. It also looks more realistic in medium unless you are on a date at a fancy bar... but even them the medium is the right size imo, and I'm 5'3 and 128 lbs

I have the medium and it's sold out everywhere in black... but I'm not selling it because it's lightweigh and holds my essentials. It's my bag for the next however long. Don't return it you got a great price.... if you really don't like it sell it you'll get more than you paid. It's sold out till late spring at the earliest everywhere.

Beautiful bag... I'll post pics of my medium if people are interested... my small and Minaudiere are being kept safe for sale... if anyone wants to see them I might take them out for a pic or two.

Thanks Kyra. Yeah, I was playing around with the Nile this evening and was really surprised by how light it is. Much lighter than my Marci and Celine Belt.

One question though, do you ever get annoyed with the bracelet when you open and close the bag? Also, what do you keep in the outside back pocket? Seems to stiff to put anything in there.

Would love to see your pics and I'll try to post more. I was surprised by how little there is on here on the Nike.

fwiw i think the medium looks great on you! not too big at all. and since you have the larger size, i think the size of the bag balances out the ring when you wear it with the strap -- imo when people wear the minaudiere with the strap, the bracelet looks comically oversized against the bag. with the medium, it looks like, well, bag jewelry -- it's a cool structural look on a very feminine piece.

Reactions: papertiger
It's a beautiful bag but I personally think the whole Nile look with the ring doesn't really suit the medium bag. The ring is what's suppose to be the center on attention and when it's flapped over the bag itself is so big in comparison. That said, it is great that you can't fit a lot more stuff. Depends on your lifestyle all in all, because I don't carry a bunch on a day to day basis so my Nile minaudière is perfect for me and I can even squeeze in my iPhone 7 Plus. Go with your gut though because I've bought countless bags in the last year and there were some I KNEW I wasn't completely head over heels in love with and I ended up selling every time.

Reactions: chanel_hermes_lover
I also forgot to mention that the small and the medium are available on many sites so if you return and change your mind you can still get very easily online.

Stick with the medium. I bought the minaudiere, the nile bracelet bag in small, and the nile bracelet in medium... I'm selling both the minaudiere and the small because the medium fit my every day needs. Before I was lugging around a YSL Sac de Jour in small- lipstick red with suede interior or a large Gucci Dionysus in blue suede and blue leather but as much as I love those bags, and the Dionysus is from before; the one season you could get suede on leather (40 made for the US market)- now it's only the suede on suede like the have now which is kinda blah because the textures are all the same on the outside. Boring!

But it's spring and the medium nile is so lightweight I can go for walks and carry everything I need- including my two phones (ones this giant one for work) which you can't fit in the small. It also looks more realistic in medium unless you are on a date at a fancy bar... but even them the medium is the right size imo, and I'm 5'3 and 128 lbs

I have the medium and it's sold out everywhere in black... but I'm not selling it because it's lightweigh and holds my essentials. It's my bag for the next however long. Don't return it you got a great price.... if you really don't like it sell it you'll get more than you paid. It's sold out till late spring at the earliest everywhere.

Beautiful bag... I'll post pics of my medium if people are interested... my small and Minaudiere are being kept safe for sale... if anyone wants to see them I might take them out for a pic or two.
Do you mind posting pictures of your small and minaudiere ones and what could fit in them? TIA!

Which websites have you seen the small on? I've been looking for them and everything seems to be sold out :sad:

I just saw the medium and small on mytheresa, matchesfashion, ssense, and a I believe netaporter as well. Trust me, I was literally stalking about 5 different websites for my Nile minaudière and what I noticed very quickly was that the medium or small size in ANY color would sell within like a couple days at most, but the minaudière would sell out within the hour! So you have way more opportunity to snatch in the bigger sizes (aka. Any Nile that's not the 'half-moon' shape). Take your time girl! The bag is a decent amount of money and you should be totally head over heels in love with whatever you pick. I know when I truly love a bag because I couldn't care less about anyone's opinion, like every person could say it looks like a piece of sh*t and it wouldn't faze me because I think it's fabulous, and that's all that counts right?!

Reactions: Keda
I just saw the medium and small on mytheresa, matchesfashion, ssense, and a I believe netaporter as well. Trust me, I was literally stalking about 5 different websites for my Nile minaudière and what I noticed very quickly was that the medium or small size in ANY color would sell within like a couple days at most, but the minaudière would sell out within the hour! So you have way more opportunity to snatch in the bigger sizes (aka. Any Nile that's not the 'half-moon' shape). Take your time girl! The bag is a decent amount of money and you should be totally head over heels in love with whatever you pick. I know when I truly love a bag because I couldn't care less about anyone's opinion, like every person could say it looks like a piece of sh*t and it wouldn't faze me because I think it's fabulous, and that's all that counts right?!
You are absolutely right! I always try to avoid reselling my bags, too much hassle for me. Have been in love with the Drew, though, for months, finally saved up enough, and was about to pull the trigger when I saw the Nile xD I guess it's better for me that they are not really available. Gives me more time to decide between the two :biggrin:

You are absolutely right! I always try to avoid reselling my bags, too much hassle for me. Have been in love with the Drew, though, for months, finally saved up enough, and was about to pull the trigger when I saw the Nile xD I guess it's better for me that they are not really available. Gives me more time to decide between the two :biggrin:

Exactly! Good luck on your decision! [emoji4][emoji177][emoji111]

I've been eyeing the Nile, but of course it is sold out everywhere...

Today at Bloomingdales they randomly had one black medium Nile on display, apparently they got just one yesterday and the sales associate debated whether to even put it out.

Anyway, I bought it because I really love to look of the bag when used with the bracelet, but of course I will probably use the shoulder strap more. Does it look weird when worn crossbody? Like a big ring just sitting there?

Also, because I opened a cc and they were running power points, I got it for less than $1200...but is the medium just too big for this look? I don't know if I LOVE it LOVE it...but I do think it is unique and I'll never find another one at this price...

I have a Marci, that I've owned for years and the girl has held up so well. I imagine I would use this bag more for evenings/dinners...though maybe if I'm feeling hip and cool daytime too? I have a toddler though, and he'll certainly be banned from even looking at this bag (though he plays with my Marci all the time).

Would love your thoughts!
It's an amazing bag and looks great on you. And you got such a good price!!

I went to Bloomingdales a couple20170412_123845watermark .jpg 20170412_123924watermark .jpg 20170412_123924watermark .jpg of days ago. I saw the small Nile bracelet bag. It's cute but very, very tiny. To me it's not worth the price I will wait until it gets to the outlet or when the bag is discounted at the major department stores.