To My WONDERFUL tPF friends... THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speedy when I come on the forum I can always guarantee that if I see your name on a thread that you will always have a reply that contains a good deal of wisdom and care. Enjoy your bag as we all enjoy reading your posts :flowers: .

The vachetta is so clean and pretty now, but many say that as it gets its patina (which happens from the oils of your hands from continuous use), it looks even nicer! this happens over the course of a lifetime, so usually if you see a lady with an LV and the handles are VERY dark (on a mono bag, or anything with vachetta trim), you can bet she has had it for a LONG time!!! so don't b e afraid to use it and touch it!

I know the damier print (what looks like a checkerboard) was actually made first in the late 1800s...Louis Vuitton's first store was opened in the 1850s! Wow! The damier was introduced about 10-15 years before the turn of the century, and the monogram print that you have was introduced right after. I believe the monogram print was not created by Louis himself, but by one of his children. There was a different canvas made midway through the 1900s but I'm not sure if that is the canvas they use currently...though I believe so as it was a bit softer than the original. LV was first known for its travel luggage and accessories, especially the steamer trunk.

I hope that's enough information! I am sure there are better LV experts out there that can fill in the rest!

speedy - so glad to see that you have gotten a wonderful present - you totally deserve it! (even though i didn't get a chance to jump in on it I'm so, so glad that it was you!)

Hey PEEDY!

The backpack is called the MONTSOURIS- named for Parc Montsouris in Paris which was created by Napoleon III and Baron Haussman. It is a beautiful park with a reservoir in the middle.

Can someone who is an LV expert chime in here and explain to speedy how the vachetta leather is? It looks white when you get it Speedy but over time it turns a golden honey color... also can someone else explain how the monogram canvas material is made, history, etc.?

I will try to explain, as Roo says the vachetta leather trim is very light in colour when you first get the bag but as it is more & more exposed to light it takes on a patina - becomes honey coloured & with loads of exposure can get really dark tan. Some people love the patina, in some Asian countries the darker the patina the better as it is considered "old wealth" If you want to keep the light look then you keep the bag in it's dustbag as much as possible & away from light!

The main body of the bag is not leather it is coated canvas but hey who the hell cares :roflmfao: It is Louis Vuitton & this is their original, signature material, first damier then monogram, the Suhali leathers & exotics all came later!

Enjoy in good health! :heart:

How exciting!! Enjoy!!:yes:

Oh..btw, be careful with the vachetta around water, liquids, etc. (waterspots) it'll stain it. If this does happen....the patina darkens (like the other posters have said) and the waterspots will become a bit less noticeable. HTH! :smile:

How exciting!! Enjoy!!:yes:

Oh..btw, be careful with the vachetta around water, liquids, etc. (waterspots) it'll stain it. If this does happen....the patina darkens (like the other posters have said) and the waterspots will become a bit less noticeable. HTH! :smile:

Peedy - you deserve it hon! and don't 'pill any oup on it! :heart:

This was my thought almost exactly, lol. I told Roo last night that I was as excited about this as if it were happening to me. Otherwise...just crappy week. (month, year!) So thanks, Speedy! This was a gift to us, as well.

This is exactly how I felt when Roo's email came today! It's as much fun as if I'd received it:yes:. And it got me out of my funk--that's what giving to others will do, and you do it all the time, Speedy!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.