To my LV ladies with pochette(s) sitting in their closests... & anyone wanting one

MissLianne

PhD in shopping
O.G.
Dec 27, 2008
Okay let me just start of by saying... I LOVE my roomy bags with all my heart... My LV top handles/shoulder bags and my other designer bags/totes: Gucci, MJ, Coach and Prada.
We've all been there... switching our bags from one shoulder to another after a long day- cause there so darn heavy. Or having a million things in your hand and trying to hold on to that (heavy) Speedy on the crook of your arm?
Or being seated a tiny table at a cafe/restaurant and *gasp* choosing to put your bag on the floor or holding it in your lap to spare it from the dreadful act of it making contact with the unknown?

But we love them no doubt! No pain no gain...
So this morning as I overslept and was late for meeting my best friend for brunch I dreaded unpacking my (new) Damier Ebene Pochette that I used last night after a romantic dinner with my dbf. As I was about to choose which bag I brought with me for the day... I had a thought. I'm doing lunch then (maybe) some shopping.... Do I really need my agenda? My makeup case that is as stocked as Sephora? Do I need that huge bottle of Victoria Secret Spray? Do I need that hairbrush? Lotion? My wallet that contains every type of member card that I usually forget I'm even a member of? PROBABLY NOT!
I did the unthinkable! Grabbed some necessities out of my bag, grabbed my DL and a debit card/some cash and left my home with my pochette (which are normally reserved for evening bags/special occasions)

I can't tell you how great it was running around the city so carefree and not lugging around things I consider "essentials". I thought I would regret this (ie what if I need lotion? My hair gets frizzy? What if I smudge my makeup) but NOOO didn't need those items!

I bought m
y first LV Pochette in Mono back in early 2003... My MC pochette followed within a year... Yet back then "big bags" were not all the rage like they are today. My Damier addition was bought a few weeks ago when I reasoned it was absolutely necessary to wear to a party that I bought a new outfit for (we all do that right? LoL_

Anyways ladies! Leave your big bags at home and let your shoulders and arms rest!
Our little pochettes are all we need!! :smile:
Just my observation today :smile:

Happy Sunday!

Last edited:
I totally agree!
I had been carrying my damier pochette on vacation in Hawaii.
When I came back home, my papillon 30 looked huge on me!
I still love it though, so I forced myself to grab an outfit that went well with it!

I am planning on expanding my pochette collection for sure, currently eyeing a pre-loved red epi.
Oh, and also wanting a mono papillon 26, i just love barrel bags! :heart:

Ok you guys are kiiling me. Right when I think my mind is made up, I read a thread and I am back at square one. Yes, I agree that sometimes I need just a cute clutch type bag to carry out. I have never put a wallet under my arm and went out. This is what I have been doing with my Sarah wallet (mono) lately. I really like it so much that I want something like the Eva so that when me and my DH go out to dinner or a show, I won't be so weighted down with a shoulder/handheld bag....thanks alot MissLianne:nuts:

Yes, you're right, you really don't need all that stuff ( at least not all the time). I must try to use my little vernis lexington - poor little thing has only been used once!

I could not agree more! Pochettes are so awesome especially for "unknow" situations.....such as going out to eat and there is no where to put your large bag! I LOVE my pochettes :P

Ok you guys are kiiling me. Right when I think my mind is made up, I read a thread and I am back at square one. Yes, I agree that sometimes I need just a cute clutch type bag to carry out. I have never put a wallet under my arm and went out. This is what I have been doing with my Sarah wallet (mono) lately. I really like it so much that I want something like the Eva so that when me and my DH go out to dinner or a show, I won't be so weighted down with a shoulder/handheld bag....thanks alot MissLianne:nuts:

A great investment puzzlenop... Def add one to your collection one day! What bags are you contemplating?

It is too bad I cannot do that on a regular basis as I face long commutes. I need at least three things in my handbag any one time. I have given up my wallet and switched to a Zippy Coin Purse. I put away most of my cc's and loyalty cards. I bought a tiny metal water bottle and use that if I have to travel far. I prefer drinking water and it saves me from spending money buying drinks when I'm out. I bring my paperback book if I am stuck in some lineups or places that require waiting. Even my MP3 is handy for times when I need to decompress from stress.

So, :shrugs: I need a few things. Also, my makeup kit has stuff I need.

The only time I can go light occurs when I am at work and my co-workers want to go out for a quick lunch. I have my small crossbody purses for those brief occasions. Maybe we're on the same wavelength in that respect. :biggrin: