to monogram or not to monogram- that is the question!

gardienne

Dec 6, 2013
hey everyone!

how do you feel about monogrammed or hot stamped your bags? do you personally have any bags that have been monogrammed for you?

i've been considering asking for a monogrammed bag for an upcoming birthday, but i feel like i'm at a bad age for it- i'm in a serious relationship, and it seems like it might be a faux pas to carry a bag with your old initials if you get married and change your surname. is that just me?

i'd love to see photos of different bags you've had one personalized as well!

I wouldn't personally do it. I remember it used to be trendy a long time ago. I had bought golden stickers with my initials and put them on one of my bags, just for the fun of it...When I got tired of the stickers, I took them off and they left a mark..... End of the monogram....

I was in a monogramming stage after I was married. Everything was monogrammed! Jackets, bedding, pillows..you name it. Then I realized that these items couldn't be passed down to anybody. I tend to give people items from my home. Purses included. I couldn't monogram when I was younger because it would been KAGBFA..I don't think that would've fit. HAHA!

I have a mon monogrammed speedy 40 bandouliere with a small luggage tag heat stamped on the opposite side also. Next time I am going for a 35 because this one is huge. It was my first LV handbag, and I have kids, and carry lots of stuff. Anyway, if anyone gets one this big, the bandouliere is better I think, that is for the 40 because it is so heavy. Point is, I'm glad I got a mon monogrammed piece; however, the paint does chip somewhat even if you're careful. However, it is not noticable that much and still looks good. It was just annoying that I could not purchase online and had to order in the store. Now, not sure which bag to get next. I need some advice on that.

I think Mon Monogramming is great, but I think one should have an original piece also. The personalized bags are made in France and you can also pick the inside color now. There are so many people in my area who do not have a MM piece I believe because of the price point. Some don't know about it. I have had one person so far ask if it was real because they had not seen one before and one asked what the letters meant. I thought people would just figure it out by looking at the bag.