To Moisturize or Not to Moisturize?

DznrBagLvr

Jan 8, 2012
Hello lovely TPFers - your expertise is needed...
I have never been one to pre treat or treat any of my bags but my neverfull has got me wondering...
The trim is looking a little "dry, rubbed, a little white..." Do I condition?

Also, I have recently purchased my HG, the Empriente Artsy and would like her to "last a lifetime" lol. Should Empriente be conditioned?
Any advice or experience is appreciated! Xo

I used the Lovin My bags vachetta kit, and it has a conditioner. I had mixed feelings when I used it because it darkened my vachetta a bit. It is moisturized but I'm not crazy about the darkening.

I've used BLACK ROCK LEATHER 'N' RICH LEATHER CLEANER CONDITIONER to moisturize my vintage bags. It was recommended by elliespurse, one of the mods on here. She has used it on her all vacchetta bags, too.

I used the Lovin My bags vachetta kit, and it has a conditioner. I had mixed feelings when I used it because it darkened my vachetta a bit. It is moisturized but I'm not crazy about the darkening.
It darkened my brand new Delightful strap as well! I thought I was seeing things but it became splotchy and had to get it fixed. They told me something was wrong with my "protection" and had to send me a new one. I'm hoping when it patinas more it will blend the streaks in. I've used it on my older vachetta pieces and nothing like that happened so I'm not gonna use it on new pieces anymore. :nogood:

Attachments

• DSCN3979-001.JPG
    DSCN3979-001.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
axcarter said:
It darkened my brand new Delightful strap as well! I thought I was seeing things but it became splotchy and had to get it fixed. They told me something was wrong with my "protection" and had to send me a new one. I'm hoping when it patinas more it will blend the streaks in. I've used it on my older vachetta pieces and nothing like that happened so I'm not gonna use it on new pieces anymore. :nogood:

Ohh wow. I was just about to order this for my delightful. Where you able to fix it?

That is scary. I don't think giving you a new conditioner is enough to cover the damage done. Augh, somehow I do regret putting the conditioner on but I really had no choice as the leather is getting dry.

Who are they? LMB ? How can ur strap be fixed? I had white lines on my brand new vachetta when I applied the protection . Maybe my protection was also defective ...however LMB told me that it will patina evenly and it is not a problem. Hope our bags will be ok. I will not use it on new pieces anymore just like u

Yes, they (as in LMB)
I had to send it into them and they "stretched" out my strap and tried to make the marks disappear. It's not as noticeable as before but of course since I'm the original owner and I know how brand new it was, I could still see the shadows from before. I mean, she was extremely kind and helpful in wanting to fix my problem, but it just wasn't exactly the same. I have used it on other pieces that have some kind of patina on it and like I said, it was fine but somehow the brand new vachetta and the chemicals don't mix or something so I'm not gonna take the chance on future pieces. I'm just hoping when it patinas more you won't be able to see it.

Yes, they (as in LMB)
I had to send it into them and they "stretched" out my strap and tried to make the marks disappear. It's not as noticeable as before but of course since I'm the original owner and I know how brand new it was, I could still see the shadows from before. I mean, she was extremely kind and helpful in wanting to fix my problem, but it just wasn't exactly the same. I have used it on other pieces that have some kind of patina on it and like I said, it was fine but somehow the brand new vachetta and the chemicals don't mix or something so I'm not gonna take the chance on future pieces. I'm just hoping when it patinas more you won't be able to see it.

That's nice of you, I would've asked them to buy me a new strap.

That's nice of you, I would've asked them to buy me a new strap.

:roflmfao: O:huh:o trust me! I was having a heart attack and flipping out on my hubby! It was a major melt down. Idk part of me wanted to but then I realize it's gonna patina anyways and the colors should blend. Maybe it would have been different had she not been nice and wanting to fix it for me.