To keep or to exchange??

lkittylkat

O.G.
Nov 5, 2008
Hello all! I just received my new Amanda hobo today and I just don't know if I should keep the tan or exchange it for the turquoise? They were my two top color choices and I decided to go with tan just because it's a classic color and I could wear it with anything... I do wish it was just a tad but darker though.. And then I think my husband gave me a complex when he teased me about my "old lady" bag! Now I'm seriously second guessing myself!

I wish I could have seen the turquoise in real life to compare! What do you guys think?? Classic tan? Or fun turquoise???

If you don't have a tan or cognac bag then I would keep it as that color is a wardrobe staple. I'm partial to blue bags myself and the turquoise is such a cheerful color. If it were me I'd choose the turquoise.

Hello all! I just received my new Amanda hobo today and I just don't know if I should keep the tan or exchange it for the turquoise? They were my two top color choices and I decided to go with tan just because it's a classic color and I could wear it with anything... I do wish it was just a tad but darker though.. And then I think my husband gave me a complex when he teased me about my "old lady" bag! Now I'm seriously second guessing myself!

I wish I could have seen the turquoise in real life to compare! What do you guys think?? Classic tan? Or fun turquoise???

Wow, I don't know if I'm going to be of much help but we can commiserate together at least. I relooked at both colors as that is one of the bags I really like but here's my dilemna with it - the tan is fairly plain and I don't really like the color turquoise it is as far as matching many things. I think if it were between the two I'd have to go with the aged vachetta. I guess I just don't think her colors pop enough. I do see how she is trying to move forward though - with the blue and the red poppy. I absolutely love the poppy and it is bright for not for me. I guess I'm just not a "blue" fan, what can I say. I feel like that shade of blue is really seasonal. She needs more colors so we don't have to wear black all year long!! I wish she would definitely make the staple bags in more colors! Let us know what you decide. Were you able to get it on the President's Day Sale?

Wow, I don't know if I'm going to be of much help but we can commiserate together at least. I relooked at both colors as that is one of the bags I really like but here's my dilemna with it - the tan is fairly plain and I don't really like the color turquoise it is as far as matching many things. I think if it were between the two I'd have to go with the aged vachetta. I guess I just don't think her colors pop enough. I do see how she is trying to move forward though - with the blue and the red poppy. I absolutely love the poppy and it is bright for not for me. I guess I'm just not a "blue" fan, what can I say. I feel like that shade of blue is really seasonal. She needs more colors so we don't have to wear black all year long!! I wish she would definitely make the staple bags in more colors! Let us know what you decide. Were you able to get it on the President's Day Sale?

You can hit your husband for me!! I do know what he's saying as I've loved and wanted a TB bag but the style of the Amanda for some reason didn't have enough zip for me. I ended up with the dome because I like the size and I like the Robinson style - it just seems to be a better fit for me. If she would someone add more pizzazz to the pebbled bags, I know I'd love them. How do you like the size of the bag you got?

Thanks for the input ladies! Yes, I pulled the trigger in president's day! And yes, I decided to keep the tan (to play it safe :smile: When I first tried it on with all the stuffing the width and bulk of the bag was a bit awkward but once I replaced it with my stuff it looked a lot better as a cross body when it sits a bit slouchy IMO. I have read it tends to be a bit heavy for the strap and I would have to agree.. But it is my fav way to carry the bag and very pleased with my purchase - esp for 25% off! 😄😄😄

The aged vachetta seems to be a hot colour right now - so you should keep it! As the others have said, it will be a classic staple in your wardrobe and you will be glad you kept it.
I have the Amanda hobo in both the purple (from last winter) and navy blue (indigo) from this season...and love them both. However, my indigo has been getting more wear because I find it's a more versatile colour....you will find that with the aged vachetta, as well!
Enjoy!!

I think earth colors are your good investment colors. Then go bright after buying good quality tan, black, brown, grey, and white.