To keep or say goodbye????

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm in a quandary and would greatly appreciate your thoughts. I'm an LV girl at heart, but have ventured out into Chanel and now have two pieces. I have an alma pm in the most beautiful rouge fauvist. It was my first LVbag 4 years ago. I carried it for a solid 4 months and I have not used it since. I guess I should use it again to make sure or just sell it to fund a new Chanel that I have my eye on??? I don't care for cross body bags but would order the shoulder strap and wear on the shoulder The alma bags consign at a fair price from what I have read. I just don't know. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2. What bag are you looking at? Is there a reason you can think of that you don't carry the Alma?

3. I think you should try using it, and see if you fall back in love with it. Rouge Fauviste is such a gorgeous colour! What bag do you have your eyes on?

4. I would try using it again and see if you still love it. If you don't, move on to the next ;)

5. Each designer bag in my closet has a special reason for purchasing it and using it. Make sure you have no use for it and it was not purchased for a special event before deciding to re-sell it.

Regret is a terribly expensive thing on this forum..... you should read some posts prior to selling especially the HG (Holy Grail) searches....

6. Time to say goodbye [emoji16]

7. From what you've said, I believe you would like to sell the bag. You haven't used it in 3 years+, and it seems that your bag may be better in someone elses' hands.

However, I also believe that there should be room for more thought. I've had a similar experience with my speedy 30. I used it in the past, but then stopped using it because it has become very ubiquitous, and I acquired many other bags. Back then, I decided not to sell it, because it was my very first designer bag. After a few more months or even years, I really tend to reach for it on a regular basis! I have fallen in love again with my speedy, and admire those (ubiquitous!) speedies I see in the streets. Now I also consciously rotate my bags, so that they get a healthy balance between some use and some rest / "recovery". Like so, your bags won't show signs of wear and tear as quickly as they would if you used one or two bags non-stop.
    Also, there are social situations when Chanel bags may not be appropriate. So you better think about a back-up for such occasions, which potentially could be your Alma.

I feel that decisions should not be made on the basis of strong emotions. So the best way to proceed is to wait a bit, until you are ready to decide. You may think about the situations when you could use it, and reevaluate its usefulness, beauty, and frequency of use before deciding. After a while, and with some distance, you will be much more sure about your decision in favour or against your Alma. HTH

8. I actually love the alma bag and that's the only LV I own! Do I carry it often? Maybe not as much as I would like to but I know I still have a place for it in my collection so that baby didn't going anywhere. Let go only if you are convinced you will never use it. Tough decision I know [emoji16][emoji16]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice