To keep or not to keep?

madiemic

madiemic
Jan 3, 2012
I have a Totally PM that I really love but she's showing her age. I'm kind of embarrassed to carry her but I'm not sure that I want to let her go. I have someone that wants to buy her from me for $300. I won't be purchasing another LV this year since I'm working on becoming debt free. So what do you ladies (& gents) think? Keep her and rock her the way she is or let her go and wait about two years for a new bag?

ETA: reminder that selling/buying/trading is not permitted on tPF.

Attachments

• image-3771711195.jpg
    image-3771711195.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 692
  • image-3216858990.jpg
    image-3216858990.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 692
  • image-1245229165.jpg
    image-1245229165.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 691
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Totally PM that I really love but she's showing her age. I'm kind of embarrassed to carry her but I'm not sure that I want to let her go. I have someone that wants to buy her from me for $300. I won't be purchasing another LV this year since I'm working on becoming debt free. So what do you ladies (& gents) think? Keep her and rock her the way she is or let her go and wait about two years for a new bag?

Keep her.

You can try to clean her with LMB products if you think the vachetta is too dark.

Keep and enjoy it! You will probably regret it later and really, it doesn't look to be in that bad of shape. Enjoy the fact that you don't have to "baby" her every moment. Clean up the vachetta if you think it needs it with unscented baby wipes, it does miracles. Read other posts on this forum for cleaning info.
Good luck in your decision!

Definitely keep! Clean her up and put her away for awhile if you need a break, then when you get her out again you'll be so happy to carry her. Happens to me every time! Good luck!

Keep and enjoy it! You will probably regret it later and really, it doesn't look to be in that bad of shape. Enjoy the fact that you don't have to "baby" her every moment. Clean up the vachetta if you think it needs it with unscented baby wipes, it does miracles. Read other posts on this forum for cleaning info.
Good luck in your decision!

+1 definitely keep her :smile:

I think she still looks great! However, if you are over the bag and need some cash, you can get more than $300 if you sell online. That's not even 30% of retail! If you're only $300 in debt, you can pay that off fairly quick just by saving a little more every month. If you're more than $300 debt, you can get more for the bag! Btw, this is only if you don't like the bag anymore. If you still like her, I'd only sell for like $700! Haha. Ps--big kudos for working to be debt free :smile:

Keep her. I did similar and sold my murakami Audra. I then spent another year trying to replace her. She doesn't look in too bad a shape. Try cleaning her gently a little. And just enjoy using her. I think she still looks fab x

I would clean her up a bit and keep. Your bag looks like it is still in pretty good shape. As others have already stated LV just keeps going up in price so I think it would be good to keep. Good Luck with your decision.

i would keep it.save money to pay the debt and after tat save some to changed the vachetta at lv...if u really can't stand the look of it.if u sell it now,most probably u wont find any at the price u paid before.