To keep or not to keep...

jen6292

Feb 4, 2008
So long story short I got the bag that I have wanted all season. The Kristin hobo with crossbody strap, and I love it!!! I got home and the Hubby was not thrilled, and hated the bag. He is now calling it luggage. He didn't say to return it, but the words are you sure we afford "that thing" came out of his mouth. I am now feeling guilty about getting myself a bag when I should be buying gifts.

What do you think keep the bag, or return it? I am torn.:sweatdrop:

well, I always say put the relationship 1st, it's just a bag. There are so many layers to financial decisions for couples. IME, bags are not worth the stress.

Well if he's not liking it because of the style, he can just suck it up. But if there's more like finances, then return it. You don't want finances to be the reason why you fight.

If keeping the bag is going to cause stress and arguments, return it. If it's just a matter of your DH not liking the bag, I would keep it. Don't let ANYONE dictate your style or taste to you. That is a gorgeous bag! It's doesn't look like luggage at all. I am sure your husband is a great guy but most guys haven't got a clue when it comes to accessories. When I was first married I used to get upset if my dh didn't like what I picked out. Now after 30 years of marriage I don't even ask him what he thinks. He just gets to look at the whole package and call me his trophy wife! LOL

That is an unbelievable deal for the prettiest Kristin hobo there is. I just bought this and didnt get that kind of deal and I've had more compliments on it than any of my LV bags. This sounds more like he doesn't like it than finances. If that is the case, please don't let him dictate your style. This is the bag that brought me back to coach after 10 years. It's gorgeous. If it was me, and it's not really the finances (and honestly it sounds more like it's just he doesn't like it) I would keep a gorgeous bag. Don't let anyone, husband or otherwise, dictate your style. This is a beautiful, slouchy bag in a gorgeous color that will draw admiring glances and compliments and will just get better and better. It is my favorite of any bag out by coach right now. I was kind of anti-coach and an LV girl until I saw this bag and it drew me in like no other. It's beautiful. You got it for a steal! To me, this particular bag brings me back to the gorgeous leather and quality of the coach I remember from years ago. I've only had mine a few weeks, but have had more compliments when using it than some of my bags that were over $1,000. I'm planning on a black one as well, but the light brown one is by far my favorite. Men have odd ideas on bags sometimes. My ex hated all LV bags, Chanel and BV.

To get this bag at 50% off, when it's do gorgeous and you've been wanting it so long, is one of those opportunities that may not come again. Another thing to think about too is -if it's not the finances (and it sounds more like a guy who just doesn't like a bag), how will it affect you emotionally and consequently your relationship, if you do let him dictate to you your taste and style? Those kinds of things build up and resentment builds and as a woman, we can gradually lose our self-esteem. If your worried a bit about the finances, offer to cut back for a few weeks. Pack lunches to work, don't shop or eat out for a month or two. I'd hold onto that beautiful bag though if you can. Deals like that just don't come on holy Grail bags. This is one that was worth full price and I'm picky. I was blessed to be able to get 30% off due to new friend. 50% off is amazing. Tell your hubby you'll cut back for a bit. It would be one of those regret forever things if you return though and I'm afraid the niggling resentment might not be good for your relationship, for you. Even in marriage, we need to still feel pretty, and have little special things. I worry more about the kind of emotional running down of a woman involved in words like "that thing" to talk about a bag a husband knows hiscwife loves and just bought. What happened to thinking about your loved ones feelings and excitement? Try talking to him, offer to cut back if need be, but you got a gorgeous iconic coach bag you've wanted for a long time. Keep!!

Last edited:
I agree that if it was truly finances and it is going to cause issues with the marriage, then return it.

But if it is just that he doesn't like it...keep it, he doesn't have to carry the bag so I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe set it aside and don't carry it til after Christmas?

Hm, tough decision. My dh hated the Kristin too. What is with that bag that guys don't like? Mine vetoed it at the outlet so I went with something else. I value his opinion to some level and sense he was the one footing the bill on my bag purchase I decided I would not buy something he did not like. He usually has really good taste(he picked out all my Legacy bags!)
If you really like the bag and would wear it without feeling weird or guilty I say keep it. But if you think you would feel akward carrying it around dh I say return it.
Good luck with your decision.

That is an unbelievable deal for the prettiest Kristin hobo there is. I just bought this and didnt get that kind of deal and I've had more compliments on it than any of my LV bags. This sounds more like he doesn't like it than finances. If that is the case, please don't let him dictate your style. This is the bag that brought me back to coach after 10 years. It's gorgeous. If it was me, and it's not really the finances (and honestly it sounds more like it's just he doesn't like it) I would keep a gorgeous bag. Don't let anyone, husband or otherwise, dictate your style. This is a beautiful, slouchy bag in a gorgeous color that will draw admiring glances and compliments and will just get better and better. It is my favorite of any bag out by coach right now. I was kind of anti-coach and an LV girl until I saw this bag and it drew me in like no other. It's beautiful. You got it for a steal! To me, this particular bag brings me back to the gorgeous leather and quality of the coach I remember from years ago. I've only had mine a few weeks, but have had more compliments when using it than some of my bags that were over $1,000. I'm planning on a black one as well, but the light brown one is by far my favorite. Men have odd ideas on bags sometimes. My ex hated all LV bags, Chanel and BV.

To get this bag at 50% off, when it's do gorgeous and you've been wanting it so long, is one of those opportunities that may not come again. Another thing to think about too is -if it's not the finances (and it sounds more like a guy who just doesn't like a bag), how will it affect you emotionally and consequently your relationship, if you do let him dictate to you your taste and style? Those kinds of things build up and resentment builds and as a woman, we can gradually lose our self-esteem. If your worried a bit about the finances, offer to cut back for a few weeks. Pack lunches to work, don't shop or eat out for a month or two. I'd hold onto that beautiful bag though if you can. Deals like that just don't come on holy Grail bags. This is one that was worth full price and I'm picky. I was blessed to be able to get 30% off due to new friend. 50% off is amazing. Tell your hubby you'll cut back for a bit. It would be one of those regret forever things if you return though and I'm afraid the niggling resentment might not be good for your relationship, for you. Even in marriage, we need to still feel pretty, and have little special things. I worry more about the kind of emotional running down of a woman involved in words like "that thing" to talk about a bag a husband knows hiscwife loves and just bought. What happened to thinking about your loved ones feelings and excitement? Try talking to him, offer to cut back if need be, but you got a gorgeous iconic coach bag you've wanted for a long time. Keep!!

I couldn't agree more nor could I have said it better myself.

I'm sorry, but anyone's husband that gets uppity about a purse for any reason other than financial reasons is :P. When I read those stories on the forum it makes me mad. I'm not married yet, but my longtime bf sure as hell doesn't tell me not to buy a purse unless he knows it's going to cause me some kind of financial problem. I understand that if you're sharing finances and need to pay the bills and whatnot it's a different story, but if that bag is something you really wanted, who gives a hoot what your husband thinks. A purse causing marriage issues? No offense, but that's a bigger underlying issue.

My DH didn't like the Kristen either,and I ended up getting the Mia black leather tote. When we left he said "I'm soo glad you didn't get that other bag, I don't know why I just don't like it!" Sorry yours didn't like it either.